CH 24 | DISHEARTENED

"What is an officer from Korea doing here?" Jungkook asked with his eyebrows furrowed as you licked your lower lip before looking at his befuddled as well as anxious visage.

"Actually, oppa. It's... it's complicated. I... I am Taehyung's second wife." You announced making his eyes widened while his expressions changed in that jiffy, "You- Why? Why did you marry him?" You looked away thinking how to answer his question, the one you don't want to answer.

Noticing the hesitation over your visage and in your orbs he simmered down his fast pacing heartbeat before saying, "It's okay, if you are not comfortable. You don't have to tell me. Just... just stay safe. He treats you well, right?" Jungkook asked.

Without wasting a second you blabbered, "Of course. He does." The tint of your assurance was visible in your voice and he can't deny the fact that Taehyung really does care about you. "What about his first wife?" Jungkook asked as you answered, "She... was murdered."

"What?!?" Jungkook asked in amusement, "And the murderer died yesterday night." Jungkook stretched his hand onto his parted mouth, astonished. "You are fine, right?" He asked, his hand approaching to rest over your upper arm.

"She is." Jungkook's hand halted midway after an hearable answer from a deep voice as you both looked in the direction of the voice, "She is fine, now." Taehyung said with an assured look as he had his hand pocketed in his pants while he sauntered towards you both as Jungkook pulled his hand beside his flank.

"Good morning, Mr. Jeon." Taehyung greeted Jungkook as Jungkook said, "Good morning. I hope you are doing fine." Taehyung looked at you and then at him before nodding, "I guess, we will be meeting in our meeting at 11. We have to go to the hotel."

Jungkook nodded, "Of course. We will meet at 11." Jungkook turned to you, "Take care, bye." You smiled at him mildly, "Bye bye." Jungkook took a leave while you took a glance at his back as Taehyung took a step towards you making you take a step back.

Stretching his hand, he pulled the door of the car open for you. In contrast, you were looking at his profile, "Hop in." He declared as you climbed inside the backseat of the car while he got inside from the other side as the driver steered towards your hotel.

Serenity was lingering inside the car while you were taking glances at the bloke sitting beside you for almost fifteen minutes of ride as you have covered more than a halfway towards your hotel.

But your mind was gushing at the fact of consoling him and how would you confront him about what happened yesterday, "It wasn't his fault. Not even a bit."

The words were stuck in your throat which were deliberately wanting to solace him.

Taking a glance at the driver, you wiggled your orbs back at Taehyung on to find that he was already staring at you which made you look away in that jiffy but he these seconds were enough for him to decipher your feelings.

"Do you wanna say something?" You heard his gruff voice as you gulped down a lump in your throat. You reluctantly but leisurely looked at him as you hummed a yes in response to his question.

"Yes..." Taking a few seconds, you glanced inside his cocoa orbs prior to saying, "Taehyung, are you really fine?" Taehyung let out a frustrated sigh, "Of course. I am. You have been asking this since this morning. I am fine!" His voice was piercing and balked.

You blinked a couple of times while filtering how he just answered you, "I just.... Just asked him normally. I was just worried for him." In that exact jiffy, the car halted in the porte cochere of the hotel.