CH 9 | THE DRESS

The day of your parents' anniversary turned in really quick and the interaction between you and Taehyung was kicking in often. Being on the last stage of your painting, the minor details were making you a bit frustrated and your back pain. You let out a deep sigh, "It's looking good till now." You gazed at the painting with only the details left, just the gradients and the shading.

Placing down the brush, you looked at the jug deposited on the bedside table which was empty, "Let's go and fill it up." You said to yourself, sauntering towards the bedside table and getting a hold onto the jug you made your way downstairs.

Sitting on the kitchen counter, quaffing down the glass of water you were talking with Mrs. Daisy who was filling the jug, "Mrs. Daisy, what do you think I should wear at my parent's anniversary party?" You asked, gulping down the water in your mouth. Mrs. Daisy looked at you, placing the jug beside your frame, "A bit elegant and beautiful. Why would you ask?" She asked.

"Hmm... Actually this is the first celebration after marriage and I don't know what to wear and what not, so I asked you." You looked at her as she smiled, "It's fine whatever you wear. It doesn't matter if you are married or not, just wear whatever you want." You twinkled at her thinking about the dress you caught a sight in the mall store, "I have to search for a dress." You muttered getting off from the counter.

You were about to hold the jug when you heard the doorbell ring, "Who is there at this hour?" Mrs. Daisy asked as you both walked to the lounge towards the main entrance in the foyer, "Who is it?" Mrs. Daisy muttered looking at the intercom. You squint your orbs at the screen, scrutinizing at the visage of the person which you remember from the day when you went to Taehyung's office, "Mr. Min." You muttered as Mrs. Daisy opened the door.

You gazed at the lad while he did the same before bowing to you, "How are you, Mrs. Kim?" "I am fine, Mr. Min. Please come in." You said as she took a step onto the foyer's periphery, "Thank you, Mrs. Kim but I have to go back to the office. I came to give this to you." He stretched his hand with the paper bag towards you while you wiggled between the bag at him with befuddlement.

"What's this, Mr. Min?" You asked as he answered, "It's from President Kim. He has sent it for you." "Taehyung sent it to me? What could it be?" You leisurely took the paperbag from him muttering a 'Thank you.' "No problem. Chauffeur is here only. I will leave now." He said before departing out of there. You turned around as Mrs. Daisy closed the door shut while smiling looking at you.

Walking up the stairs, "What could it be?" You said peering inside the paper bag while reaching your room before pushing the door shut of your room and making your way on the mattress.

Taking out the box from the paperbag, you read out the brand name, "Chanel." Pulling the ribbon off from the box in which the sky blue box was packed and settled together with the lid.

Your orbs enlarged when the same powder blue colour came in your view as you stretched your hand to skim your palm over the satin material. Holding the material within your fingers you stood up stretching your hands and gazing at the dress as your heart was enchanted with Taehyung's name and heart accelerating at its pace as your lips curved upwards.

Gazing at the dress for about a few minutes while smiling like a child who has gotten her favourite dress without telling anyone, "But how did he come to know that I wanted this dress?" Standing in front of the closet mirror, you placed the dress against your physique, "It's looking beautiful and winsome." You whispered, smiling at yourself in the mirror.

"How would I say thank you to him? Should I say it now or when he comes home but I won't be able to because he would straight come to the party. Should I call him? Yes, I should call him. But..." "But... His number! I don't have his number." Your eyebrows crumpled together and lips in a pout as you sighed, "I will ask Mrs. Daisy." You nodded to yourself before spreading the dress over the bed and walking down the stairs.