CH 10 | MY WIFE

"Take out my car." Taehyung asked the security guard over the phone when he saw a message from an unknown number peeking in, "Whose number is this?" He opened the message before reading it out, "Good evening, Taehyung. I got the dress which you sent. And it's really beautiful. Thank you so much for the gift."

"Y/N..." He muttered under his breath, "She wanted that dress that day but she didn't tell me. Why?" He sighed as the door of the elevator opened, making him come out of his reverie. Striding, hastily he made his way on the driver's seat before steering off to the respective address.

You gulped down gazing at your father while your mother was standing beside him with a smile not leaving on her face for a second, "Aren't her cheeks hurting by smiling too much? Mom... I feel so sorry for her."

You came out of your reverie when you felt someone holding onto your wrist, softly, "Come, Meet her." Your brother said as he tugged on your lower arm after placing your clutch over a nearby table and holding the gift in his hand.

Trying to pull you over to your parents as your heart was pounding in your rib cage while your palms turned sweaty and the sudden feel of warmth spread all over your body making you anxious and nervous as you took a glance back at your father and then at Yeonjun who was scrutinizing your expressions with his crumpled eyebrows and squinted eyes.

"What happened? Don't be afraid of him. He can't do anything in front of so many people and when mostly his business partners are present." Yeonjun said looking at your orbs which held petrified emotions in its globes.

You gazed back at him, "Let Taehyung come first." You muttered making his eyebrows meet at his glabella and looking at you befuddled, "He is coming?" He asked, confusion tracing his voice as you answered, "Ye...yes. He said... he will try to come and asked me to come before him."

Yeonjun said, "Then he will meet them when he comes here. Till then you can meet her." He pulled you with him while sauntering towards your parents but you didn't move an inch, "No, let's wait for him." You said as Yeonjun turned to you, sensing something was wrong, "Hey, What's wrong? Tell me." He asked, softly, meeting your tensed gaze.

"Actually, dad called me a few days back and..." You halted as his eyes were asking you to continue your sentence, "And he said that Taehyung should be there in their anniversary party." You gulped down, "Don't worry about him. Maybe he will come." Yeonjun said.

"And what if he couldn't make it?" You asked, knowing about your father's anger. "Then? Then what? If he doesn't come, won't you meet mom and go without meeting her and wishing her?" He asked as you stretched your lips together with your moist eyes before shaking your head as no, "Come, let's meet her. She will be happy." Yeonjun smiled as you nodded, letting out a sigh and trying to calm your accelerated heartbeat.

You ambled towards your parents with Yeonjun holding your wrist, gazing at your mother as she twitched her orbs which met yours.

Her lips curved upwards in a genuine smile while her eyes twinkled as you reciprocated the smile, taking a glimpse at your father who still doesn't have any acknowledgement about your presence till your mother muttered your name, "Y/N..."

Mr. Choi gazed at the direction his wife was looking in as he discerned you while you approached them and stood still under the nose of your mother's physique who embraced you in her warmth without wasting a second, "Oh... Y/N. How are you?" She asked while caressing your back with her palm while Yeonjun glanced at his father who hadn't distracted his orbs from you.

Looking back at you and Mrs. Choi, "I am fine, mom. How are you?" You asked as she muttered, "I am fine." "Wasn't Taehyung able to come?" Your mother whispered in your ear. "Where is Taehyung?" A hoarse voice reached your ear drums making shivers run down your spine while you clutched onto your mother tightly.