CH 3 | SOUL OF THE DEAD

The amber sunrays glared into the atmosphere of the road as I walked out, stressing the airport security while my bodyguards were following me out when my phone buzzed inside the pocket of my suit jacket.

Fetching out the phone, I looked at the caller's name as an instant smile appeared on my visage while my lips curled upwards.

"How is my sweet darling doing? Are you here?" I asked after placing the phone against my ear, "We are just missing you and waiting for you outside the airport." I smiled while traveling with my eyes ahead of myself, all over the road when I found her standing next to the car as her belly had been bigger from the time I last saw her.

"My baby!" I muttered as she waved her arms at me, listening to my words on the call while I waved back, in contrast, I sauntered towards her.

"How was your trip?" She asked as I nodded, "Boring without you." I answered, hearing the giggles from the other side while I could see her walking to me while we both hung up over the call.

Her eyes were twinkling and the smile I got to see in person was giving me a calmness while my heart was at peace, just her glimpse was enough.

My eyes trailed beside her when I discerned a car, accelerated at a high speed steering in her direction. I furrowed my brow in the conclusion that it would decrease its speed in a few seconds or so but by passing seconds it did the opposite.

The phone in my hand slipped out as I looked back at Ari who was crossing the road, "Ari stop!" I shouted as she looked at me with her eyebrows crumpled and then looked beside herself. I rushed my steps towards her and crossed the border of the airport.

The speedy car hit her physique in front of my eyes while a bellow left my mouth, "Ari!!" My heart was pounding inside my chest as my bleary vision could see her frame dropping in the road as she let out a shout of pain while I rushed to her physique without wasting a second while all I could see was scarlet. Her visage hindering inside the gore while her sky blue frock, tincture bloody red which didn't take seconds to come into my eyeshot.

Ari!! I kneeled near her frame while tears were gushing down my orbs as I slipped my hand under her head and placed her head on my lap, "Ari!! Please, please don't close your eyes." I wept caressing her mellow cheek with the pad of my thumb.

"Call the f*cking ambulance!" I howled at top of my lungs to the bodyguards who scurried inside the scene, "Don't close your eyes." The hot droplet dropped down from my visage soaking my cheeks wet while I held her scarlet bloody hand into mine, tincturing my pale skin with red.

Squeezing her hand in mine, "Baby, please." I pleaded while she skimmed her other hand to her belly with her 7 months gestation.

I heard her frail and wobbly voice with orbs filled with the hot tears, "Tae.... Our baby. Please... please save her..." Her voice trailed off with her heavy heartbeat and unsteady breathings.

I nodded my head gulping down a lump in my throat, "Yes, we will save her. Please don't close your eyes. Ambulance will be here anytime." I said gazing at her fragile frame as she started closing her eyes shut when I patted her cheek, "Ari! No, Please don't."

The sound of the ambulance was heard while I was feeling miserable, gazing at her condition. She was dying in my arms, "You can't leave me, Ari!!" I whispered, pulling her close to my chest before I slipped my hand under her thighs and back. I stood up with her in my arms prior to walking near the ambulance.