Allison phone started ringing. She went through her bag trying to find it. When she did the caller id said it was her mom.

"Mom, three calls on our first day i asked a little overdoing it." Allison said into the phone before putting it on speaker.

"I know I just want to make sure everything is going okay." Victoria said. "Do you 2 have everything?"

Allison was rummaging through her bag. "Everything but a pen. Oh, my God, I didn't actually forget a pen." She looked at me. "Do you have an extra?"

"Let me check." I went through my bag. I only had 1 pen. "Sorry Alli."

She looked to the side of me. "Okay, okay, bye mom, I gotta go. Love you."

"Bye Victoria." I noticed the principal walking towards us.

"Sorry to keep you waiting." He stopped walking. Me and Allison stood up and walked besides him. "So you were saying San Francisco isn't where you 2 grew up?"

"No, but we lived there for more than a year, which is unusual in my family." Allison explained.

"I don't know where I grew up." I said. "I'm adopted by the Argents and have amnesia."

"Oh, I'm sorry."

"Oh, its fine. The Argents treat me like family."

"How long ago did you get amnesia?"

"A couple months. Though I'm all caught up on school, even know a little more on some subjects."

"Well hopefully Beacon Hills will be your guys last stop for a while."

"We can only hope." Allison said.

The principal stopped and opened a classroom door. Me and Allison walked in behind him. "Class, these are our new students, Allison and Bailey Argent. Please do your best to make them feel welcome."

Me and Allison walked past the teachers desk and found 2 open seats. They were close enough to each other. Allison was just right in front of me.

The guy in front of Allison handed her a pen. That felt off to me. I couldn't place it. But I just ignored the feeling.

•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•☾☼☽•:•.•:•.•:•:•:•:•:•:•:•

Later in the day, me and Allison were stopping by our lockers after school. Our lockers were right next to each other.

A girl with strawberry blonde hair walked up to us. "Those jackets are absolutely killer. Where'd you get um?"

"Our mom was a buyer for a boutique back in San Francisco." Allison explained.

"And you 2 are my new best friends." Then a boy came behind her. "Hey, Jackson." The girl kissed him. "Oh, I'm Lydia, btw."

"Allison."

"Bailey." I smiled at Lydia.

She grabbed my arm sleeve a started to play with the jacket. "Who this is a nice fabric."

"So are you 2 sisters?" Jackson asked.

"Sort of." I said.

""Sort of." What does that mean?" Lydia asked.

"Her parents adopted me." I said.

"What happened to your parents?" Lydia asked.

"Don't know. I kind of don't remember them."

Lydia just changed the subject. I could tell it was making her uncomfortable. It was also making me uncomfortable. "So, this weekend, there's a party."

"A party?" Allison asked.

"Yeah. Friday night. You guys should come." Jackson said.

"Uh, we can't." Allison said.

"It's family night this Friday. Thanks for asking." I said.

"You sure?" Jackson asked. "I mean everyone's going after the scrimmage."

"Like football?" I asked.

"Football's a joke in Beacon." Jackson said. "The sport here is lacrosse. We've won the state championship for the past three years."

I noticed Allison was looking at the boy who gave her the pen. Standing next him was a guy with a buzzed head. He was kind of cute. I waved then looked back at Jackson and Lydia.

"Because of a certain team captain." Lydia leaned in for a kiss with Jackson.

"Well, we have practice in a few minutes. That is if you guys don't have any where else..."

"Well, we were going to..." Allison started.

"Perfect." Lydia grabbed our hands. "Youre coming." She pulled us along with her.

When we got to the field, me, Allison, and Lydia sat on the bleachers. Allison was staring at the pen guy.

I saw the guy from the hallway on the bench.

The pen guy was pretty good. He caught every ball. Even Jackson's.