88 ~ Ranvijay's Haldi and Mehndi

1.25K Votesss fasttt!!!

Nandani POV

I felt his arms wrapping around me and pulling me up in his arms. I was really restless and tired after that. The rain slowed down and I could feel the chilled air settling into my lungs making me hard to breathe.

I had already slipped my wet skirt and wrapped my dupatta around my chest. 

"You said you will be making me walk naked back to the chamber if I slapped you,"

I giggled teasing him and he inhaled a deep breath and bit my cheek a little.

"Yes, you are naked... only metaphorically,"

He said and I giggled even more.

I was pressing my face into his chest while he was taking me back to the chamber.

"Not the bed,"

I warned him immediately after coming back.

"It will get wet because of us,"

I said and he put me down.

I saw him walking forward and throwing a towel at me.

"You did not really care about my Maasi-ma, you just wanted a topic for a fight. The last few days seem to be less entertaining for you, I guess,"

He said slipping the lower down his waist and wrapping the towel around his waist.

I inhaled a deep breath and I could sense that it was partially true and partially false. Well, I wanted him to tell me that before I had to force him to tell me. And, second, there was no point in fighting now because the person has already gone.

I did not answer and walked towards my trunk.

"I am sorry, Nandani. I should have told you before,"

He said all of a sudden with a slow voice and I looked at him.

"But, you see, I wanted to give her the chance she deserved but she clearly said her or you. So, it was obviously you and it triggered me to the extent that it did not even bother me when she died. Maybe the hate took over me and as time started passing, I started to realise that I have lost her. And, it was making me feel guilty,"

He said and I saw him walking towards me. I untied the knot of my lehnga and pushed it low. I took the dupatta off my chest too and looked at him watching me closely.

"I can understand. That's why I wanted to know, sometimes the hate overpowers us to the extent that we forget what kind of decisions we are making,"

I said in a slow voice remembering the time when I made the decision of marrying his uncle.

I slipped into my nightwear and held my braid in my hand.

"Let me help,"

He said and I felt him coming closer to me and holding my braid gently between in his fingers. I felt him unbraiding my hair slowly.

The silence followed and I said.

"I am sorry for getting angry. I think the responsibilities, work and everything in the Kingdom were making me feel a little tired and stressed. I really needed a break to charge and nothing is better than a fight,"

I chuckled at the end and he also laughed.

"Buckle up, Ranisa, the responsibilities are going to get bigger and more in numbers only,"

He said and I turned to look at him.

"What do you mean?"

He smiled and gently kissed my forehead.