1 ~ He Is Back

500 votes fasttt!!!

Nandani POV

"Princess, he arrived,"

I lifted my gaze off the spices I selected for today's lunch. 

My lips instantly curved into a broad smile and I asked Suman for confirmation.

"For real?"

And, she nodded immediately.

I quickly stood up from the small stool in the kitchen as I was helping cooks with today's meal. Clapping my hands together, I dusted the excess ground turmeric off my hands and rubbed my palms on my dupatta.

"You should change before meeting him,"

Suman commented slowly looking at my appearance.

"I'd rather not,"

I said and settled my dupatta over my head leaving the kitchen in hurry.

Two years.

For two years I have waited for this moment, written hundreds of letters and none answered by him.

When he left I felt I had committed some mistake and he got angry but I was never able to conclude the reason.

I made my way out of the kitchen to the gallery, followed by the stairs to the upper floor of the main chambers.

Suddenly, I bumped into my Grandmother in a hurry.

"Nandani,"

She scolded.

"Ahhh, Grandma,"

I looked and gulped nervously with fear.

"Where are you going?"

She asked and I rolled my eye here and there to come up with anything real.

"Looking at pigeons,"

She looked at me closely, from up to down and asked.

"Where are your bellies?"

My eyes came out of my sockets as I pulled my lehnga a little up to look like I was running barefoot.

"Umm, I do not remember where they went," I answered in a hurry using my hand to animate it for her.

She gave me a suspicious look and questioned.

"Where they went? Do they walk by themselves? You must have left them somewhere,"

I literally had no idea where I left them. My whole focus was to run to the top floor and look at my love arriving in the Empire.

"Nandani,"

Grandma held my ear and I looked at her thinning my eyebrows with pain a little.

"Bellies, Umm, I am fasting today,"

I managed to say.

She gave me a not-believe-you look and reminded me.

"You had your breakfast in my chamber with me. Fasting?"

I inhaled a deep breath and protested to get my ear off her hold.

"Half day fast, Grandma, Now please leave me. My pigeons are waiting for me,"

I said and ran passing her. I heard her faded giggle and I climbed the stairs in hurry. My anklet bells echoed in the whole stoned, spacious building and I reached the roof of the tallest building from where we could see for a long far.

I panted from running and placed my hands on the stoned railing of the roof. My dupatta slipped off my head and I focused my sight towards the main entrance. It was quite far and looked so small for a vision from here.