26

"I haven't ever heard or seen anything like that, Doc?" said Bill. "Somebody went to a lot of trouble to kill this woman, glue her eyes shut, and haul her out to the stream and dump her. I wonder if her eyes are the only things that have been tampered with."

"We'll find out. Let me continue with my exam." 

The coroner resumed recording and made a verbal note of the condition of the eyes. He finished his visual exam without any more surprises. Unfortunately, the immersion in the stream had removed any evidence from the hands and nails. All other transfer evidence from the killer to the victim had also been washed away by the stream water.

Bill left the morgue more puzzled than before the autopsy began. The questions that nagged Bill were many. 

What was up with the eyes? Was the fact that Harry's stream had been picked as the site of the body dump an accident? Or did someone with local knowledge pick the stream on purpose? 

It was just a fluke that Hadley had chosen to try her luck fly fishing out there.

He couldn't see where the killer had made any mistakes.

If we only knew who you were Lady, he thought, maybe we could find a connection to somebody to give us a motive or the identity of the killer.