Journey

Q

"Good afternoon, Master Michaels." Cheerfully smiled Fae.

Fae was my housekeeper at my Georgebury mansion. She grew up at my castle manner when I was a young lad. She was born, duty bound, to be a servant girl along with her mother and sisters. Fae and her sisters used to combat train with Chris and I. Fae in particular was like a friend. We served together in Syria and in Israel. She is a chief loyal servant, second in command to Doug Grant. She is someone I can trust to keep my family safe.

"Good day, Fae. Give me a run through of the souls that shall occupy this estate." I took a slow sip of my freshly brewed black coffee. This blue mountain blend was one of my top three favourites. I made an effort to invest on a bountiful land in Jamaica, providing charity to help fund agriculture and education for the citizens in that area. It wasn't easy, but I have a duty to restore the world and my tribe, utilising my privilege and legacy.

"The 'X-Men' shall be on guard living on the outer premises. Zip, Snipe and Kanan will have their equipment. Kanan will be 'the neighbour that walks his wolves' daily. Zip will be the postman. Snipe.. well it's explanatory what Snipe will do. My sisters, Red and Silver will be usual maid servants. They will start training everyday at 4am. I will have the front area. They will have the back. Holland, Paris and Crystalline will reside in the heart's-middle. And our cook is to arrive next week.

"What services are scheduled for appointment?" I took another sip of my coffee before turning the page of my newspaper. The article I was reading was about a scandalous trade deal with the Americans. Fucking bullshit politics! I don't even know why I'm reading this crap. My father demanded I read it, that's why, but I yet to see the interest in this article in particular.

"The medical professionals are to examine your mate and his sibling tomorrow. Cees Links is to meet Holland and put him through to advancement programs in regards to his technological skills, in the near future. All appointments in regards to this will be overlooked and authorised by you. Kemi Orlavskà will come by to teach Paris maths, science and Latin. I will see to this personally and send you frequent reports, as assigned. Paris will then attend my training programme alongside my sisters and soon attend the private school to focus on extra curricular. Paris and Holland are to soon meet with their personal security guards who will accompany them everywhere they go outside the abode." Finished Fae.

I looked up at her and nodded briefly.
"Lovely." I smiled, reflecting on seeing them soon. Their presence is addictive and something I'll miss.

"Is that all, Master?"

"That's all for now."

"Then I shall get dinner prepared." Fae gave a respectable nod of the head before walking away.

A couple of days ago, when Holland put himself into a shock coma, I had a very careful and fulfilling chat with Paris. My London home was not the right space nor place for them anymore and I needed to find a way to tell Paris without telling her the nuisances of the situation which would make her feel suspicious. The abode was in its normal state by mid morning and Grant made a breakfast feast.
Paris was her usual cheery self until she got curious about why it was so quiet throughout the day. I told her Holland needed space and she asked why. I told her I was in love with her brother and that made him faint. She found that hilarious, but she saw that I was in no joking mood. She then ranted about how dramatic he was and stated her appreciation for me taking her and Holland in. She confessed that these last several weeks have been some of the best in her and Holland's lives, because no one has shown them this kind of caring attention and hospitality. She expressed her gratitude for myself, Chris, Grant and even Felix before leaning over to give me an unexpected hug. She then took some moments to reflect on our current conversation as I made us some tea. She complimented my tea saying it tasted better than Holland's, but made me promise not to tell him that. About an hour into our casual conversation she seriously asked me why I loved him. I told her it is because 'he and I are connected in a special way'. I also confessed that I liked his attitude, his dedication to himself and her, and work ethic. I told her that there's public chaos and that I wanted to keep her and Holland safe. I, in short terms, pledged my sworn duty to care for her and her brother with my life. She found my confession amusing, but said she was somewhat flattered. The more we spoke the more assured I felt in taking action over our lives.
Paris and Holland are officially apart of my pride...