Act 2 - Scene 1: Dinner Date

__
A/N: Most chapters will display the different covers I've made for this novel. Comment to let me know your thoughts and opinions of the different covers🤓
Enjoy the read!
__

H

I was in awe with the interior of the steakhouse. Quinton took me to a town towards the outskirts of London, a hub containing different bars and restaurants. Who knew rural ends were so posh?

The restaurant had a spunky rustic theme as it flaunted its 5-star prestigiousness. Everything was so spaced out and neat, unlike the dirty takeaways in my ends. The hygiene standards in my area gave me anxiety and that's why from young I've encouraged Paris to cook. We wouldn't just eat from anyone, I couldn't trust it.

Quinton walked ahead of me to show me the way. My head started bopping to the rhythmic sounds of Motown music which played in the background. As we delve deeper into the body of the building, the chatting around us muted the funky disco beat.

I am not a peoples person. I can't afford to be neither when I have 2 lives to protect. People either scared or frustrated me.

I took in a breath to ignore how many people there was. All being white people.
As a reward for the distraction the flavoursome atmosphere invoked my stomach to rumble, though I was partly-full.

.

We walked down a couple of steps and passed a bouncer. Michaels exchanged a few words before we were let through to enter a more quiet, a more soothing space. The busier sector we just exited had a brown/gold/black/cream theme. This private sector was more elegant in its display of dark red/browns and gold.

"Evening gentlemen, a table for two for Maître Michels?" The host greeted welcomingly.

"Oui, le meilleur endroit face à la rivière." Responded Michaels.

What the...french? Why was he speaking french to this man? Did he know him? Was Quinton French?

A tall petite woman with ice blonde hair and Eurocentric model features approached us. I presumed it was our waitress. As she neared she stood taller than me, flaunting a strict welcoming charm.
Actually, she wasn't much shorter than Quinton.
She was a looker that was for sure.

"Natalia, here, will guide you to table 2A. Enjoy your evenings Maître Michel and Co." Formally bowed the host with a tight lipped smile.

"Thanks." I smiled politely at him before following Natalia's quick strides.

"Shitp!" I quietly gasped. Lol I tripped.
The tall body of intimidation looked behind at me with deep concern.
"I said Ship!" I defended myself subconsciously. Urgh, I wanted to slap myself, because why would he care about me cursing anyways? In fact, why did I care?!
"I'm fine, just tripped." I gave a quick thumbs up not that he asked. I'm so annoying!

He made me feel a little nervous, I think. I still haven't got over how Quinny here was a young mature man instead of an old wrinkly one.
He's not even middle aged, so he's able enough to use a phone. I don't get why was I in communication with his P.A this whole time as if he couldn't ring me himself?

"Here's your menus. Do press the buzzer-." She pointed to an electrical bell attached to the corner of the table. "-and I will be at your service as quick as possible." Natalia bowed, smiling slyly at me.

"Thanks." I said politely before my eyes averted towards Michaels who just gave her a quick nod.

"Again, if you need anything don't hesitate to ask." She shot Quinton a hopeful look and he shooed her away with a flick of his wrist.