Car Ride

P

"Holly fix your mouth." I laughed after my moody brother.

He kissed his teeth and rolled his eyes at me. He scooted closer to the car's door away from his boyfriend, Quinton, who was smiling at my remark. There's definitely something weird going on between these two.

For some odd reason Holland has been in a sour mood from morning. Chris asked me to call him down for breakfast and I did, but he didn't let me into the room- Quinton's room to be precise. First I thought 'maybe he's naked', but then we got into a little argument because he refused to leave the room. Usually he'd shout out that he wasn't decent but instead he declared that 'he's not eating breakfast', so I notified him that 'Quinton has planned a day trip for us. We need to be ready by midday'. He then started cussing nonsense. He was adamant that Quinton cannot dictate his day to day life. Clearly he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.
Anyways, before I gave up trying to fetch my broski I told him that 'we are living with Quinton and therefore must respect his wishes'. He was silent after that, meaning he took in what I said.

However, Holly's moodiness disappeared when he met me, Chris and Mr Grant at the dinning table for breakfast. It was a buffet-style breakfast, like the one you'd see at a fancy hotel. Apparently Mr Grant took no part in the preparation of all the food that was served, which was a shock. I tried to scoff down as much food as possible, because it was just that good! It's funny 'cause as soon as I was finished Holland decides to join. To be fair he looked a bit tired, and he does work hard.
Chris immediately welcomed Holland and miraculously cheered him up, gradually encouraging him to get ready for our day ahead.

Holland took long to get ready and snapped at anyone who tried to rush him. Holland was a punctual person, so whatever game he was playing I was silently there to watch, mentally eating my imaginary popcorn.

.

The car ride was long. Holland was moody as hell, he kept huffing and puffing, which made Quinton look at him quizzically. Every now and then Quinton would ask Holly if everything was okay, but Holly 'mhm'd' Quinny the whole time.
Quinton didn't seem phased by my brother's bluntness, but the other white man who follows Quinny around everywhere was clearly getting agitated by it. Chris had a hard look on their face, which is odd since she's always so expressive, so I don't think they were very impressed with Holland's behaviour either.

"Mas-Sir Michaels." Said the man who follows Quinton everywhere. I forgot his name, but he sat on the other side of Quinton.

(I sat next to Chris and the three guys sat opposite us in this big ass vehicle they somehow classify as a car.)

"Yes Felix?" Quinton didn't even look in the man's direction. This didn't just catch my attention, but clearly caught Holland's too.

"Traffic doesn't seem to be improving and all the hotspots are turning into restricted areas. Would you like me to look at other locations?" He looked at Quinton adorably.

To be fair this Felix guy was always helpful and kind, to literally everyone. He even brought me some sweets and chocolates today, and it's mad because only moments ago I couldn't remember his name.

"Fine." Sighed Quinton.

"On it, Sir." Happily stated Felix.

"I appreciate you Felix." Quinton looked towards Felix and nodded.

What took everyone by surprise was when Holland scoffed and stated "This is ridiculous."

"What's ridiculous?" I asked.

"My time has been robbed to partake in a pointless activity I didn't sign up for." He said boldly. He sounded genuinely annoyed and I wasn't quite sure as to why when we had a good breakfast.
"How much longer will this take?" He swung his head sharply to meet Quinton's gaze.