Chapter 29: Environmental State

H

It's been a week since I've seen Quinton. I thought I would've seen him last Thursday to explain the pitch I had, but he didn't get back to me or reply to my messages.
So I've been thinking... do I email?

Over the past three days Paris has been going to school, happily may I add, which is good. She has been feeling confident about an assessment that's coming up as well, so I'm of course proud of her!

I have been texting on and off with Steve. He's just company I suppose. After I found him at the auction, returning from my conversations with Quinton, he said he was worried that I had left. I lied and told him I went toilet and struggled to find my way back. He accepted what I had told him and because I felt bad I gave him my number. I was not interested, but he messaged me when he got home so we've been speaking here and there..

I haven't done much for work, but I've been house/flat hunting. Every/any-where. This shit was and wasn't difficult at the same time. Nah I lied, it was blimin' difficult. Everywhere is mad expensive and booking appointments were hell..

However, I have been working on my new computer and website, which was going well. I made sure the pieces and chips from my vandalised laptop were put in a safe place. I needed to destroy my information somehow.
It was a pity I'm not in the right environment to do some live-streaming or any kind of videos. I miss it, but at the same time I feel like I'm loosing the desire to do it. Perhaps, because of the circumstances...?

I was also fully recovered from any bruising I had. I made sure to use Paris' bruising cream.

*Phone rings*

I look at device to see it's Felix Ashford. The number was a telephone number, which I had initially thought was a direct number for Michaels, but it wasn't. This was his personal assistant's telephone number and he was the middle man when I first started business with Michaels.

"Hello?" It was midday. Today I was hoping to hear back from an agency. In fact I'm shocked to see that Felix has called.

"Good afternoon, Pierce Holland. It's Ashford Felix speaking. How are you doing on this dreary afternoon?" He has a polite tone of voice. Why did he swap the first and last name?

"I am well, thank you." I had forgotten how formal these people were. Quinton sounded posh, but not terribly. He sounded formal, but his tone of voice was near enough normal, oddly enough.
"To what do I owe the pleasure of your call today?" I asked, making myself a milk tea.

"On behalf of Master- ahem!" He coughed.
"On behalf of Mr Michaels, I will hear through your pitch. Mr Michaels sends his apologies for not staying in contact, but at the moment he's not feeling very well. He's also got a lot of business to attend to." He said the last part in a defensive way.

It's not like I'm trying to ask for Quinton's time, he's the one that asked for mine... but I did want to explain my pitch to him.

"When and where?" I responded dully.

"Over the phone should be fine. Are you currently occupied? If so, then we can schedule the phone call." He stated.

"Let's reschedule. I'm afraid this was too short of a notice and I am, unfortunately, preoccupied." I felt a sassiness rise from within me, but I was not going to let it out.

"Okay... I can do.. tomorrow between 3pm-5pm, Friday 8am, next week Tuesday-"

"-Friday 8am should be fine." I interrupted. I don't like the fact that I wasn't able to negotiate my availability. I didn't like that this situation was as if I was 'working' for him. I don't work for anyone but myself and loved ones!