Mother And Son

Mother And Son

STAR CITY

Patrick wasted no time throwing a lightning bolt, while the old man merely smiled and caught it.

Zeus: oh please.

Patrick shot a beam of lightning in desperation. But once it hit it's target Zeus stood there unaffected.

Zeus: oh you are so pathetic.

Zeus raised his hand and disappeared in a flash of yellow light. Leaving Patrick, Rhea, and Atlas.

THE WATCHTOWER

Patrick stood before the Justice League.

Patrick: Atlas, Rhea and Cronus have been apprehended, and are in a cell. Zeus, Heimdall, and Thor are still at large.

Batman: we're putting out a massive search for them. In the meantime, good job.

Patrick: what about this was good. Zeus escaped, along with all the other. Where exactly did I do a "good job"?

Batman: well for one, you captured Rhea and Atlas, your arch enemy Cronus.

Superman: and we're mostly talking about your time as a hero in general.

Dr Fate: agreed. You've faced many daring odds over the years.

Green Arrow: and no ones more proud of you then me and Dinah.

Batman: all the heroic things you've done, (he stood up and placed a hand on Patrick's shoulder) sacrificing yourself, giving yourself up to Fate, fighting Thor in Kansas. Nearly dying, for the good of others on multiple occasions. And you are an amazing Leader for your team.

Patrick: what is this?

Batman: the League has been in disarray. Savage, Cronus, the Titans. All of them have been driving us apart. (Black Canary stood up)

Black Canary: we need someone to hold us together. What we're trying to say, is we're holding a vote

Superman: all in favor of Lightning Rod joining the Justice League?

Hawkman: aye.

Hawkwoman: here here

Wonder Woman: yes

Aquaman: agreed.

Captain Marvel: agreed.

Both Lanterns: aye

Dr Fate: most certainly.

Flash: agreed.

Batman: I vote yes.

Green Arrow: agreed.

Black Canary: yes. You've earned this.

A seat appeared through the ground, in between Black Canary and Green Arrow's seat. Patrick's eyes widened as he thought back to when he first met Batman.