Downtime

Downtime

GOTHAM CITY

Aqualad and Lightning Rod both just got knocked back into a wall, Aqualad dropping his water bearers. Lightning Rod was barely able to move. The monster that attacked them was Clayface, the rest of the team was laying on the ground unconscious and covered in clay. His hands morphed into anvils as he prepared to slam them on Lightning Rod's face. He let out a chuckle then a roar. Patrick heard the glass on the roof break and in flew batman who electrocuted the monster causing it to shriek and melt into just useless mud.

MOUNT JUSTICE

Batman: I need to talk to Lightning Rod and Aqualad, the rest of you, hit the showers and head home.

Superboy: (scoff) head home? I am home.

The team walked to showers leaving Aqualad, Robin and Lightning Rod. Batman glared

Batman: just Lightning Rod and Aqualad.

Robin looked at him in shock and walked away angrily.

Aqualad: I am sorry you had to intervene; we know the team performed poorly--

Batman: the team performed adequately. The problem was you two, you're their leaders, and both your heads weren't in the game.

Kaldur: no, you are... uh correct.

Lightning Rod: (solemnly) I agree, I've recently found what I believe will help find my heritage. And I've been so, (sigh) scared, about what I would find.

Batman: and this fear is causing you to be unfocused, you spend too much time thinking about what will happen, rather than letting it happen. You need to get it over with, for the sake of your team.

Lightning Rod: (sigh) you're right...

MOUNT JUSTICE LIVING ROOM

Patrick was in his civilian clothes, his bag full of food and water. if needed a change of clothes as well. He stared at the zeta tube for a bit

Patrick: So, this is it...

Artemis: what's it?

He spun around to see Artemis in a brown jacket and white tee shirt.

Patrick: shouldn't you be home?

Artemis: I was about to be. Wait? Where are you going?

Patrick: New York, I think I found it.

Artemis: well, count me in.

Patrick: what?

Artemis: I'm coming with you.

Patrick: uhm why?

Artemis: to help my friend Thunder Brain.

Patrick: you really don't have to.