Denial

(So this is gonna be a fairly short chapter but it will mean a lot.
It is also original from other episodes)

Denial

MOUNT JUSTICE

Kaldur and Superboy were fighting in the training area. They were in civilian clothes as was everyone else in the room. Artemis and Megan were talking to the side.

Artemis: Kaldur seems nice, commanding, strong. You should totally ask him out.

Megan: He's like a big brother to me, but do you know who'd make the cutest couple. You and Wally. You're so full of passion and he's so full of, uhm...

Artemis: it?

The two girls laughed as Wally walked in and Superboy and knocked Kaldur down.

Fail. Aqualad.

Superboy: Black Canary taught me that one. (He helped Kaldur get up)

Suddenly Wally walked into the room with a chocolate bar in his hand.

Artemis: where's Patrick and Robin?

Wally: well robin's doing the dynamic duo thing with Batman and Patrick's on a personal mission in Star City.

Artemis: Oh ok.

Suddenly Black Canary's voice spoke on the loud speaker.

Black Canary: team, you have a mission. And a new recruit. Report the mission briefing.

Artemis: wonder what we got this time.

STAR CITY

Patrick was sitting in a park bench in Star City in his casual outfit, his hair blowing in the wind. Another man in a red sweater sat down on the other side of the bench. He had red hair.

Roy: what do you need?

Patrick: I need to know what this piece of metal is.

Patrick pulled out the metal he found in CADMUS and handed it to the archer who examined it.

Roy: well I don't recognize it but I might know a guy who does.

Patrick: great, lets go there.

The two boys walked through the streets of the city when the stoped informing of a pawn shop.

Patrick: umm I don't want to sell it dude.

Roy: (he turned around) trust me.

Patrick was hesitant but followed the boy into the store. There was an old man at the front of desk. A collection of stuff hung on the walls but Patrick paid them no mind. Roy got the old man's attention.

Man: hey kid, what can I help you with?

Roy: we need you to find out what this metal is. (He handed the piece of metal to the man) it would be very helpful to my friend Ronald.