~14~: A strange child

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"I know you too well Delca... You don't have to beat around the bush in front of me."

"What would the others think if they would hear that? Walls have ears and eyes as you know best."

"I do, which is why I appreciate your honesty with me."

"Your welcome, Sire."

Oliver knew how Rosetta was. That child hated everything and just wanted all the attention. Female brown children were rare and this was why she was spoiled by everyone. However this child was spoiled rotten to the core. Her personality was over the top rude and shouldn't even be tolerated yet everyone made that mistake. It was basically his and his brother's fault as well as his fathers for it. That was what Oliver knew deep down. He feared that he might make the same mistake and spoil Viviana rotten. Then again, he found her on the brink of death in the forest all alone without any hint of anything. This child didn't have anything at all. It may not be good but he couldn't help but want to spoil the child.

"So in the end Rosetta used her whip to teach the servant a lesson, right?"

"Yes, Sire."

"What did you do?"

"I couldn't do anything as the princess was faster than me protecting her maid."

"You couldn't do anything or you didn't want to do anything?"

"I wanted to test out her personality. I am deeply sorry for failing my job and letting the young miss get hurt."

"I trust you. It's fine if this happened once but keep in mind if this happens again, you will be punished."

"Yes, Sire."

"Did she perform like you expected it?"

"Not at all. I thought that the princess would hide and call for help. Instead she chose to act and protect her servant. She even threatened Miss Rosetta to not hurt her people."

"Oh did she?"

"Yes. Furthermore she healed the wound the maid had gotten from the whip and got the whip out of Miss Rosetta's hands using it against her."

As unbelievable as this story was, the duke couldn't help it but just listen to what the butler had to say. He also didn't think that the child he brought home would be a sleeping tiger cup. She was definitely strong and gentle at the same time. He could tell, judging by how the girl acted to save the people that belonged to her, that the girl had a strong sense of justice and wouldn't let anyone bully her or her servants at all. If anything he was sure that Viviana would pay the person back ten fold if not even more. This fact alone made the young man smile while listening to his butler explaining the situation even more.

"It was quite something to see her let Rosetta pull her hair as well. I believed that the princess would fight back as well. However, contrary to what I believed she called for help."

"Which is how I saw what happened."

"Yes, Sire."

"Clever. No one would have believed her except the people who were there that she got hurt herself."

"Indeed."

"Do you believe she knows that her ability is healing?"

"No, Sire. She seemed rather confused when Miss Emilia's wound healed up."

"I see. Understandable. She is still young after all."

"Indeed."

"Delca, I want you to watch over Viviana to make sure the child doesn't lack anything at all."