~13~: Fancy.. Very Fancy...

Start from the beginning

"I hope you serve her to the best of your poor ability."

Nothing was said after this and it took a bit for the lady to actually start moving to one shelf but even then she skipped over some and grabbed a couple of other designs out to show it to us.

"This is the newest arrival which is very popular nowadays."

"Black for a child?"

"Yes, the white patterns on it are giving the young lady more of a lively moment. No matter where she goes, she will be the center of attention with this."

The shopkeeper was right, it was a lovely dress but it was definitely not meant for a very important party. Not to mention that the dress in combination with my hair color would not make me stand out but make me a wallflower. I was sure if I would wear that, that my skin would look more pale. Needless to say that there was also the thing that kids and the other ladies would probably wear something vibrant making me a perfect side attraction and the talk of the party. All in all, this was certainly not the dress for the occasion.

"What else do you have?"

"This dress is imported and as you can see it has a lot of pearls around the waistline to make her figure stand out even more. They say this is a unique dress made by an artist's last breath."

It was beautiful and elegant but there was a catch to it. No matter how I looked at it, the bright red color seemed to look like blood. This was definitely a beautiful dress but for a child, this seemed a bit too much. In my eyes it would make me look greedy which would be the wrong message for sure at the festival. The color was also something that was more than just eye-catching. The duke family was known to be a beast family which had dragon blood. There was no need to add more fuel to the rumors as is already.

"Do you have something more childish?"

"Childish?"

"Yes. I am searching for something that has either light colors or vibrant ones which would look good on her. There should be some accessories but too much as well."

Well my brother definitely had an idea about what he wanted me to wear, as for me... I didn't know what was good or not. However I couldn't help it but walk to the dresses and start to go through them one by one. This was something I always did in a cloth store and then just decide on what I liked and take it out. I wanted to have this feeling of fabric between my fingers and I wanted to check the material for myself.

So I let these two people talk and started looking around till I found a dress. It was a beautiful white, bluish and golden dress with pastel color. Nothing too catchy but fancy enough to still be sold to aristocrats. The materials were light and there was a small ribbon tight around the waist to the back.

In terms of jewelry, there wasn't much on it but there was also no need for any as I could tell that they used some powder made out of shells or even gems to make the hem sparkle and it was just the right thing I was looking for.

"Do you like this one?"

The voice that suddenly came behind my back startled me and I jumped a bit away to see my brother looking down at me. He was smiling softly and pleased as well. That confirmed my thoughts. This was the perfect dress for the evening.

"Yes."

"You have a good idea. This would definitely suit you."

"How much is this?"

"Don't worry about money, Vivi. You are family now."

"Sir, this dress may not be-"

"I will take this one."