"I've got a surprise for you and all."

"Oh, I get her bazoolium, she doesn't even say thanks.", Rose mutters.

"Guess who's coming to visit? You're just in time. He'll be here at ten past. Who do you think it is?", Jackie is extremely excited. That is evident from how she is practically jumping up and down.

"I don't know."

"Oh go on, guess."

"No, I hate guessing. Just tell me."

"It's your granddad. Granddad Prentiss. He's on his way any minute, Right, cup of tea!", Jackie goes into the kitchen.

"She's gone mad.", Rose says.

"Tell me something new."

"Ow!"

"Oi!", They both exclaim as Juliet smacks them both upside the head.

"Be nice!"

"Granddad Prentiss, that's her dad. But he died, like, ten years ago. Oh, my God. She's lost it. Mum? What you just said about granddad.", Rose tells the Doctor.

"I admit, when she said Grandad Prentiss, it did strike me as odd.", Juliet mutters to the Doctor before they follow after Rose.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"Any second now."

"But he passed away. His heart gave out. Do you remember that?"

"Of Course I do.", Jackie tells her.

"Then how can he come back?"

"Why don't you ask him yourself? Ten past. Here he comes.", An ethereal humanoid shape walks through the outside wall and stands next to Jackie.

"Here we are, then. Dad, say hello to Rose. Ain't she grown?", Jackie smiles widely.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The Doctor, Juliet and Rose run out of the block of flats.

"They're everywhere!", Juliet exclaims.

And no one is alarmed at the sight of them.

"Doctor, look out!", One of the shapes walks through the Doctor. It is not a comfortable sensation.

"They haven't got long. Midday shift only lasts a couple of minutes. They're about to fade.", Jackie explains.

"What do you mean, shift? Since when did ghosts have shifts? Since when did shifts have ghosts? What's going on?", The Doctor cries.

"Oh, he's not happy when I know more than him, is he?", Jackie jokes.

"But no one's running or screaming or freaking out."

"Why should we? Here we go. Twelve minutes past."

Somewhere, a man in a lab coat pulls a big lever, like the sort used to change railway points. The images vanish.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
A well-dressed management type woman comes out of her glass fronted office with the words Torchwood Institute etched on it.