xxɪ.

xxɪ. ᴀʀᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴍʏ ᴍᴜᴍᴍʏ?
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The Tardis is in pursuit of a small spacecraft.

"What's the emergency?", Rose asks.

"It's Mauve."

"Mauve?"

"The universally recognised colour for danger."

"What happened to red?", Juliet asks.

"That's just humans. By everyone else's standards, red's camp. Oh, the misunderstandings. All those red alerts, all that dancing. It's got a very basic flight computer. I've hacked in, slaved the Tardis. Where it goes, we go.", The Doctor explains.

"And that's safe, is it?"

"Totally.", He smiles.

Bang!

"Okay, reasonably. Should have said reasonably there. No, no, no, no! It's jumping time tracks, getting away from us."

"What exactly is this thing?", Rose asks.

"No idea."

"Then why are we chasing it?", Juliet exclaims.

"It's mauve and dangerous, and about thirty seconds from the centre of London."
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The Tardis materialises in a back alley between two terraces. The sort of crowded housing that no longer exists.

"Do you know how long you can knock around space without happening to bump into Earth?", The Doctor asks randomly.

"Five days? Or is that just when we're out of milk?", Rose quips.

"Of all the species in all the Universe and it has to come out of a cow.", He mutters.

Something is watching them from above.

"Must have come down somewhere quite close. Within a mile, anyway. And it can't have been more than a few weeks ago. Maybe a month.", The Doctor estimates.

"A month? We were right behind it.", Juliet says.

"It was jumping time tracks all over the place. We're bound to be a little bit out. Do you want to drive?"

"Yeah. How much is a little?"

"A bit.", He shrugs.

"Is that exactly a bit?", Rose asks now.

"Ish."

"What's the plan, then? Are you going to do a scan for alien tech or something?", Juliet asks suddenly.

"Juliet, it hit the middle of London with a very loud bang. I'm going to ask."

The Doctor shows the girls his psychic paper ID for the occasion.

"Doctor John Smith, Ministry of Asteroids.", She says.

"It's psychic paper. It tells you-"

"Whatever you want it to tell me, I remember.
They come to a door marked Deliveries Only.", Rose cuts him off.