xɪ.

xɪ. ᴀ ʏᴇᴀʀ ᴛᴏᴏ ʟᴀᴛᴇ
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The TARDIS materializes. Rose, Juliet and the Doctor step out. The Doctor leans against the door and folds his arms.

"How long have we been gone?", Rose asks.

"About 12 hours.", The Doctor answers.

They laugh.

"Oooh! Right, we won't be long, I'm just gonna see my mum. Then Juliet has to go see her parents for a few.", Rose says.

"What're you going to tell them?"

"I don't know! We've been to the year 5 billion... and only been gone, what, 12 hours?", Rose says.

The Doctor gives something between a laugh and a snort.

"No, I'll just tell her I've spent the night at Juliet's.", Rose shrugs.

"I'll tell them I stayed in with Rose.", Juliet says.

"See you later!", They say.

They walk off together before turning back.

Juliet calls back to the Doctor, "Oh, don't you disappear.".

The Doctor gives her a look to say 'as if I would' and the girls run off in the direction of the flats. He settles himself against the TARDIS to wait for them.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Rose and Juliet run up the stairs to her flat, grinning.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
The Doctor wanders around with his arms folded outside and kicks an empty bottle across the yard. He spots a poster taped to a lamppost. He walks over to it and reads the writing "Can You Help?" and sees a photograph of Rose and Juliet.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Rose opens the door to her flat.

"I'm back! With Juliet. Had a movie night.", Rose sys as she walks into the flat, holding Juliet's hand.

"Are you in?", She asks.

Her mum walks out of the kitchen holding a cup of tea.

"So, what's been going on? How've you been?", Rose asks with a smile.

Jackie looks as though she has seen a ghost.

"What? What's that face for? It's not the first time I've stayed out all night. I was with Jules.", Rose asks.

Jackie drops the cup of tea and it smashes on the floor.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Outside, the Doctor gets the gist of the poster and runs to the flats.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"It's you.", Jackie says.

"Of course it's us!", Rose says, confused by her mother's behavior.

Jackie is shaken and teary as she cries, "Oh, my God. It's you. Oh my God.".

She throws her arms around the girls, who look alarmed. Then, over her sobbing mother's shoulder, Rose notices several variations of the same "Where are Rose and Juliet?" poster. At that moment, the Doctor comes crashing in.