xxɪx.

xxɪx. ꜱᴛᴏʟᴇɴ
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"No one programmed the transmat, no one selected the new contestants. It is exactly like those stories.", Pavale tells the woman.

"Oh, don't start that again. I think you need to take a session off."

"Well, I would, if you'd take it with me.", Pavale smirks.

"And don't start that again either.", She shakes her head.

"But the rumours go back decades, saying that something's been hidden up here. Underneath the transmissions."

"But the Controller would know. She watches everything.", The woman tells him.

"Maybe she just can't see it. You've got to allow for human error."

"Well, that's your problem, then. I don't think she's been human for years."

A human woman has fibre optic filaments coming out of her head and torso.

"Eighteen, nineteen, twenty. Transmit, transmit, transmit.", The controller says.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
"Are you insane? You just step right into the disintegrator? Is it that important, getting your face on the telly? Is it worth dying for?", The Doctor asks, completely outraged.

"You're talking like we've got a choice!", Lynda exclaims.

"But I thought you had to apply."

"Don't be so stupid. That's how they played it centuries back.", Strood tells him.

"You get chosen whether you like it or not. Everyone on Earth is a potential contestant. The transmat beam picks you out at random. And it's non stop. There are sixty Big Brother houses running all at once."

"How many? Sixty?"

"They've had to cut back. It's not what it was."

"It's a charnel house! What about the winners? What do they get?", The Doctor asks.

"They get to live."

"Is that it?"

"Well, isn't that enough?"

"Juliet is out there. She and Rose both are. They got caught in the transmat. Their contestants. Time I got out. That other contestant, er, Linda with an I. She was forcibly evicted for what?"

"Damage to property."

"What, like this?"

The Doctor sonic screwdrivers a camera into oblivion.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Jack is in tennis whites.

No, I'm just not getting this. It's just too safe. Too decent. And you'd never keep it clean.", Jack disapproves.

"Stage two, ready and waiting. ", Zu-Zana says.

"Bring it on, girls.", He smirks as his clothes are disintegrated yet again.

"And now it's time for the face off!", Trine- E exclaims.