Twenty Third

"Hey, um, are you sure you still want to come? You don't have to babes." I say, laying on my stomach.

"I'm positive, what do you want me to bring?" He asks, sounding tired.

"Just a bag with three days worth of things, I'll have a bag for wallets and phones." I press speaker and turn onto my back.

"Okay, I'm looking forward to it." 

"Puh-lease, you can't lie to me, babes." I smile and I hear him scoff. "This is your last chance to back out."

"Stop doubting me, roach, I'm doing it. You cannot rid of me." He yawns, "aight I'm going to bed, but just know, there will be no ditching of Alexis." 

"Goodnight, poopy head." I say with a smile.

"Na-night, mi vida," he says, and a warmth spreads through my chest as I hang up.                                                              I toss my phone and drag out my backpack, dumping all of the previous shit out onto my desk and throw open my dresser. I throw only oversized tees in, as much as I liked a crop, they weren't the most practical on a motorcycle. I toss a few pairs of pants in too, along with my toiletries and what not.

I pull the zipper up and lay back in my bed. My phone buzzes and I groan, I pull my phone up and answer. I answer and hold the phone up to my ear, "hello?"

"Y/n baby, hi." Mom's voice says.

"Hey mom, what's up?" I roll onto my front.

I scratch my cheek as she speaks, "not much, it's Tag-Along weekend, right?"

"Mhm," I nod.

"Is Aida going with you? She's always on the back right?"

"Uh no, not this time. There's this boy-"

"Boy?" My mom's voice raises an octave.

"Alex, he's a sweetheart, kind enough to do this with me despite having a fear." I explain, ignoring her change in tone.

"And what's the plan with your sister?" She asks.

"Rudy and Aida will watch her, is that okay?" I answer.

Mom hums, "yes, that's quite fine."

"Any updates on dad?" I ask.

She sighs, "yeah, he's recovering, slowly, but the sickness is beginning to go."

I smile, "that's good."

"So this boy..." She circles back.

"Mo-o-om," I groan.

"What? I'm aloud to be curious." She scoffs. "So, is he cute?"

I sigh, "yes, he is. But we're just friends." I tug on my bottom lip.

"Well, that's not gonna cut it. Friends or not if he's cute, you've gotta give me more to work with." She says, and it makes me smile because this is what it was like when I was in high school.

When things were rough and I went through that faze of hating my parents, my mom and I could, funny enough, always connect over boys. It was one of the only things I could confide in her, so when we'd fight, she'd make a snack, come up to my room, sit on my bed, and wait. I'd sit there and try my best to stay mad, but then she'd push the snack towards me and I'd cave, giving in and telling her about the new boy crush I had, or about my boyfriend when I had one.

I clear my throat, "well, I dunno. He's not hot, he's simply pretty, handsome even."

"I get that."

"Um, he's kind, and super funny. I just feel safe with him." I shrug.

Mom chuckles, "mhm?" She prompts.

"It's weird, my nightmares just, don't really happen with him. I mean, granted he has to be like right next to me for them to be gone but, it's weird. It's the safety thing." I ramble, not sure I'm making complete sense.

She laughs, "well, baby, he must be good for you then."

"Good for me, Ma..."

She sighs, "I know, I know. I'm happy if you're happy."

I clear my throat, "thanks Ma."

"I'll keep you updated on your pops, I've got to go. Tell your sister I say hi." She says.

"Aida's taken her to McDonalds to bribe her to be good while I'm away, but I'll let her know you called when they're back." I say.

Mom exhales, "alright, thanks baby. Have a good day."

"You too, Ma. See ya."

"Bye," she hums and I hang up.

OK YEAH IK ITS A SHORT CHAPTER BUT TRUUUUUUUSSTSTTTTT ITLL GET GOOOOOD

IM SO BUSY AND EXHAUSTED MY LOVES SO LIKE IM SORRY

TAKE CARE OF URSELVES PLEASEEEEE

OKOK ILY U POOPY BABIES

WAHAHAHA

MUAH MUAH

-EVIEREENIE