It's My Second Chance

Chapter Thirty- Seven!

It's My Second Chance

27th Febrary 2020 - Los Angeles

The hallways of the Los Angeles Ministry weren't silent this morning, the haunting sounds of Papa Nihil's old saxophone could be heard. The elderly Papa was practicing his upcoming saxophone solo, his second chance he had been hoping for was finally happening on the 3rd of March in Mexico. Sister Imperator had persuaded the Clergy to allow her former lover to perform Miasma alongside the ghouls onstage, but Cardinal Copia wasn't too pleased with his superior's decision. Copia disliked being around Nihil, the elderly Papa was rude and miserable. He insulted him daily, he didn't approve of anything Copia did to try and win his approval. Sister Imperator continued to support her little Cardi, she told him his time would come if he was patient. 

Leaning on her hand Albany watched her Father practicing his saxophone solo in his office, he had refound his old groove. Papa Nihil's mood had improved since he had been reunited with his beloved saxophone, his spirits were high. His solo had given him a new lease of life, but some of the residence at the Ministry disagreed. The ghouls had practiced alongside their elderly Papa, they were struggling to adjust to the change in their performance. The odd complaint about bleeding ears from the ghouls had been signed more than once to Sister Imperator about the sounds the saxophone produced, they also hated the old Papa's bossy streak. Papa Nihil had threatened to beat them with his saxophone if they didn't stop complaining, he couldn't torrent being in their company. Albany had found the ghouls and her Father's behaviour quite amusing, they were all over exaggerating. A smile crept across her features when her Father finished playing his saxophone solo, his voice was soon heard.

' How was that, little one?" He asked.

" It was wonderful, but we still have a lot work to do before you leave the Ministry." She said.

" Fine, fine!" He sighed, he sat back down at his desk and placed his saxophone in it's case. " Let's get these invoices signed and delivered to the postal department, then I can perform my saxophone solo for you again."

" But I've already heard you play it three times today." She said.

" I thought you liked listening to me playing my saxophone..." He said, his features sadden. " When you were a little girl you use to ask me to play it for you at bed time. The boys use to complain about the noise, but you always loved it."

" I do enjoy listening to you play, Papa." She said, her gaze lowered towards the file in front of her. " I'm just getting an headache, but I promise I will listen to your saxophone solo before lunch."

" Can we watch my old ritual videos again?" He asked.

" You're really looking forward to the last tour date, aren't you?" She asked.

" Well yes, but can we watching my ritual videos again?" He asked.

" Sure, fine." She replied before their gaze met. " But for now let's finish your paperwork, it's almost midday and we've hardly done anything today. We don't want another visit from Sister Imperator again, right?"

" I like when Sister visits me." He replied.

" I know, Papa." She said.

" I hope when I return from the tour Sister will welcome me home with open arms." He said, his speaking tone was hopeful. " Sister will be proud of me, she told me I was doing a very good job yesterday. My fiftieth anniversary promotion went well, things are changing. The Clergy are pleased with my contribution to the band's growth, it's been a successful few months."