A Month Apart Won Fair Maiden's Troll Trophy

Chapter Thirty!

A Month Apart Won Fair Maiden's Troll Trophy

June 2018 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The next month passed by quickly, it wasn't long until Cardinal Copia returned from his introduction tour around the United States. Copia's short tour had been successful, the Clergy were pleased with his work so far. Sister Imperator was proud of him, she had welcomed him back to the unholy church with open arms. Sister's presence had become more frequent at the Ministry, she wanted to make sure everything was running smoothly on the behalf of the Clergy. Papa Nihil hadn't been too pleased with Copia's return, there had been an incident involving his tricycle in the kitchen before he left the unholy church. Their working relationship wasn't that great, it seemed like Papa Nihil's dislike for the Cardinal was ongoing. 

Albany was running errands around the Ministry this morning, she didn't have much to do since her Father's workload had eased. Copia was shadowing Papa Nihil throughout some of the working days, his presence had become more noticeable in his office. The paperwork and Nihil's duties were being handed down in small amounts to his predecessor. Copia was still in training, he had been told more than once by Nihil that he wasn't ready yet to completely takeover his duties. Sister believed Copia's was ready, she had been preparing him for most of his life. The Clergy's band had an opening act for Guns N' Roses in Oslo, Norway on the 19th of July. Sister Imperator was planning his European and United States tour, she wanted him to succeed and become the next Papa Emeritus sooner rather than later.

Dropping some letters off at the postal department Albany closed the office door behind her and continued to run the errands on the behalf of her Father around the Ministry, she didn't have much more to do before she went to prepare some lunch for him. Turning into another hallway she stopped when she heard a tricycle bell, she moved closer to the wall when the sound of squeaky wheels filled the air. Looking down the hallway Albany soon saw Copia cycling towards her on his tricycle, she smiled at him when he waved his fingers at her. She watched him passing her by in the hallway, but without any warning he seemed to lose control of his tricycle. Copia tried his best to steer his beloved tricycle away from the approaching doorway of the chapel, but it was too late. The tricycle collided head on with the wooden door frame, the sound of the metal scrapping against the frame filled the air. Albany cringed and covered up her mouth, she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed. Copia was slumped over the handlebars, his biretta was covering his eyes. She cautiously approached him when he sat up straight on his tricycle and straightened his biretta, she was unsure if he had hurt himself.

" Are you okay?" She asked.

" I'm fine, it was just a little bump..." He replied before he wheeled his tricycle away from the doorway with his feet. " It's not the first time this has happened, I known this door frame very well."

" Oh I remember, it was you who scratched the door frame back in the nineties." She said.

" You never told anyone, right?" He asked.

" My lips are forever sealed." She replied.

" That's good, very good." He said.

" I know." She smiled.

" Anyway, how are you doing?" He asked, his gaze met with her own. " Do you feel better now? It's been a month since we had a proper conversation, the night of the dinner with Papa and Sister."

" I'm feeling some what better, thank you." She replied before she stepped closer towards him. " How did your first tour go with the ghouls?"

" It was good, but Sister said I need to work harder." He replied.