Family Vacation

Chapter Four!

Family Vacation

July 2000 - The Italian Ministry

The hot months of Summer soon arrived in Italy, it had been heatwave weather for weeks. The Ministry gardens were in full bloom, the rose bushes Primo adored were growing into beautiful pink and white roses. The outside world was enjoying the lovely weather, but not inside the unholy church. It was sweltering, the Clergy employees were struggling. The doors and windows were open, there were electric fans in every office. It was too hot for them to considerate on their daily work routines. The Clergy had declared that they would allow regular hourly breaks throughout the working day, they had installed several water dispensers on every floor of the Italian Ministry. 

Albany was sitting in the kitchen, she was on her lunch break. Since the day was warm she was cooling herself down with strawberry and lime ice cream, she didn't feel like eating anything cooked today. Her day had been busy, her services were needed elsewhere around the unholy church. She had spent most of her morning with the Representatives of the Clergy, she had been assisting them with their filing system and photocopying new leaflets for their new business prospects within the funeral industry. It was a change of scene from her normal clerk duties, but she had enjoyed trying something new to occupy her working day. Spooning some of her ice cream into her mouth Albany savoured the creamy and sweet flavour, it was heaven in a bowl. The fresh lime and strawberries were divine, she needed this cooling treat after her busy morning. The ghouls had brought her an iced coffee, they had already set a place at the dining table for their Papa. They had a prepared him an Italian salad, two slices of toasted sourdough bread and a cup of coffee. The ghouls soon left to cool themselves down within the walls of the unholy church, the hot weather had been affecting them too. Footsteps entering the kitchen caught Albany's attention, she was greeted with a friendly smile from her Father. He took his normal place at the table, he looked a little sweaty. His was wearing his papal robe and mitre, his Papa duties carried on has normal even if it was hot outside. 

" Good afternoon, Papa." She said.

" Good afternoon, little one." He said.

" How was your morning?" She asked.

" Tiring and hot. My papal robe is sticking to me, it's very uncomfortable!" He replied while he placed a napkin on his lap. " I may finish my Papa duties early today, I cannot work in these conditions."

" Oh, I see." She said.

" But since you are here I would like to discuss something with you." He said.

" Okay, I'm all ears." She said.

" How would you like to go on vacation?" He asked.

" A vacation where exactly?" She asked.

" I was thinking we could take a vacation in Positano." He replied.

" Who do you mean by we?" She asked.

" You, me and your Brothers." He replied.

" I don't think they would want to come away with us, Papa." She said with a slight smile. " We would cramp their style. Well, you would. I'm not sure about myself, but they wouldn't like us tagging along."

" But it's a private villa, it's free since the Clergy purchased it decades ago." He said.

" The Clergy own a villa in Positano?" She asked.

" Yes." He replied.

" And why am I just learning about this now?" She asked.

" You never asked." He replied.