The Day Is Ours

Chapter Seven!

The Day Is Ours 

August 2000 - Positano, Italy

The walk back the villa had been long and tiresome, the meeting had infuriated Nihil. Albany had listened to him ranting and raving all the way back to the villa, it got even worse when her Brothers inquired about the meeting. 

Sister Imperator was still trying to get Nihil to give up his Papa role, she wanted Primo to take his place. The Clergy believed that the new century was the coming of the Antichrist, they wanted the line of Papa Emeritus to come forth and lead the way into the dark ages. But Nihil was having none it, he planned on clinging to his Papa titled for the foreseeable future. His stubborn ways were halting the Clergy's plans, they were hanging in limbo until Papa Nihil gave way for his eldest Son. 

Nihil had drank himself to sleep last night, he was still passed out on the couch. His Sons had gone out for the day, they weren't too impressed with their Father's erratic behaviour about denying them their birthright. Albany had been left to clean the kitchen, her Brothers had left their plates and leftover breakfast on the dining table, but it didn't take her long to tidy everything away. She had told her Father that she was going sightseeing for a few hours, he was fine with her little outing. He had told her to enjoy her day and be back before dark, but he was still wallowing on the couch. He wouldn't have even noticed if she was gone, but she wanted to tell him just in case he worried about her whereabouts. Her Father planned on sleeping his hangover away, it was probably for the best after yesterday's events. 

Leaving the villa Albany ventured forward, the walk to Sister's villa was only fifteen minutes away. It was all downhill which was a relief since it was another hot day in Positano. Her thoughts were all over the place, she had no idea what to expect. Her meeting with Copia had been awkward at first, but she still felt something for him. The memories of the attack still haunted her, she had no idea if he knew that she had found out that he was her attacker. She didn't know what he wanted to discuss with her, she feared for the outcome. It wasn't long until she reached Sister's villa, the limousine was nowhere to be seen. Copia had mentioned to her that Sister had plans today, she would be gone for most of the day. Albany walked down the pathway, she felt nervous. She hesitated before she knocked on the door, but to her surprise the door immediately opened in seconds. Her gaze was greeted by a familiar face. Copia looked happy to see her, she could tell by the cheerful tone in his voice.

" Albany, you came!" He said.

" You wanted to talk, I'm here to listen." She said.

" Right, right..." He said, his gaze lowered for a brief second. " Why don't you come inside, it's hot today. I will get us something cool to drink, we can sit on the balcony if you like. Go for a walk on the beach, the views are very beautiful at this hour. The choice is yours, I don't mind"

" A cool drink does sounds nice, but I would also very much like to see the beach." She said.

" We can do both, yes?" He asked.

" Yes, we can do both." She said.

Copia moved away from the doorway and motioned for Albany to enter the villa, she took a deep breath before she walked through the doorway. Her gaze wandered around the hallway, it looked different in the morning light. She heard the door close, she moved out of the way so Copia could lead the way. She followed him along the hallway and then into the lounge, he told her he had already prepared them some lemonade on the balcony. Albany continued to follow him, he lead her into the balcony. Two chairs were set at the table, there was a tray with a jug and two wine glasses on it. Copia told her to take a seat, she did has he asked. He poured them both a drink, there was sliced lemons and ice cubes in the glasses. He placed a glass in front of her before he took a seat, he told her to help herself if she wanted anymore. Albany took a sip of her drink, it was sweet and tangy. Placing her glass on the table she caught Copia watching her, she gave him a small smile before she spoke with him.