Cardinal Copia

Chapter Twenty-Eight!

Cardinal Copia

February 2018 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The next five months passed by quickly at the unholy church, the Ministry continued to run has normal even if the last of Papa Nihil's prodigies had been fired from their Papa Emeritus duties. The atmosphere at the unholy church had become awkward between the Father and his three Sons, they rarely spoke unless it involved Clergy business with Sister Imperator. Albany's relationship with her older siblings had suffered too, they didn't acknowledge her existence anymore. She didn't mind being ignore by Primo, but she did miss speaking Secondo and Terzo. Albany had no idea why they were treating her this way, she had nothing to do with the Clergy firing the last Papa of the Emeritus bloodline.  

After Terzo had been dragged from the stage halfway through his performance he had been left furious and upset, he had argued with his Father in the venue's dressing room. Albany had overhead most of their argument from the venue's hallway, it had been heated. She and the ghouls had stayed out of their way, the odd glance had been exchanged between them. They were all confused about the situation they had witnessed onstage, it had raised concerns about the band's future. Papa Nihil had been the first to leave the dressing room, they door had been slammed behind him by Terzo. Albany had left the venue with her Father, she had dared not ask him what was going on within the Clergy.

Albany had been running errands around the unholy church for her Father for most of the morning before she stopped to make them lunch in the kitchen, he was taking care of his former Papa Emeritus duties until the Clergy figured out their next move for world domination. The wall clock in the kitchen chimed when it's hands turned to twelve, it was mid day. Albany had made chicken sandwiches and two bowls of caprese salad, she was still trying to make sure her Father was sticking to his healthy diet plan. The coffee pot was bubbling away in it's holder and low fat creamer had been placed on the counter, the kitchen table had been laid out for two people. Sighing deeply to herself Albany carried the plates over to the table, she just needed to get her Father from his office.

" It's time to get Papa." She said.

Wiping her hands on the back of her dress Albany was about to leave the kitchen, but she almost jumped out of skin when she noticed two small children watching her from the doorway. Their gaze was firmly set upon her, their presence was daunting. They had long blond hair and pale completions with dark circles underneath their eyes, they both looked similar in their little black suits. Albany had no idea if there was any children visiting the Ministry today, she rarely saw Clergy employees bringing their families to work with them since it was for safety reasons. It was mostly because of the ghouls, they use to devour children in the past. The newest ghoul kin didn't seem to follow the rules the Clergy had set in place for their ghoul elders before them, they had become rebellious. Approaching the two young children Albany smiled while she crouched in front of them, her voice soon broke the silence of the kitchen.

" Hello, are you both lost?" She asked, her gaze wandered between them. " Do you need help finding your parents?"

The children looked at each other, they remained silent until one of them spoke in tongues. Without any warning they both hurried down the hallway together, their footsteps echoed with each step they took. Albany immediately got to her feet and peered into the hallway, she saw them turning left into another hallway. She had no idea what the children were up to at the unholy church, but she couldn't allow them to wander the hallways freely when the ghouls were lurking inside the Ministry's walls. Leaving the kitchen Albany followed after them down the hallway, she stopped when she noticed the children standing at the other end of the hallway. They stood motionless and silent, their features were blank. She began walking towards them, but they quickly headed down a different hallway and disappeared from her sight.