Another Papa, A New Era

Chapter Twenty!

Another Papa, A New Era

November 2012 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The next year passed by quickly at the Los Angeles Ministry. The Clergy had made a discussion about Primo's future, his reign has Papa Emeritus the First was coming to an end. He hadn't managed to influence anyone in power, the attempts of overthrowing churches had failed. But he had gained a mass following across the world, his songs and albums were doing well in the charts. The Clergy were allowing him to complete the last leg of his tour, the 15th of December would be his last performance has Papa Emeritus. He would then be replaced my his successor, it would be Secondo's turn to take the world by storm.

Papa Nihil had concerns about Secondo becoming the next Papa Emeritus, his second born Son's behaviour was questionable at times. His party lifestyle and womanising ways were well known at the Ministry, he had a bad reputation. But Secondo was taking his future Papa Emeritus role seriously, he wanted to prove his Father wrong and make the Clergy proud. He had received advice and support from Sister Imperator, she planned to shadow with him from a far throughout his future tours around the globe.

Albany was sitting in the Ministry's library, she was taking her lunch break away from her Father's office today. She had made herself a coffee and a ham salad sandwich, she had an hour to enjoy the silence before she returned to the choas of her daily workload. She had somehow been lumbered with Secondo's invoices for his clients, his Clergy Representative role was only part time since he was going to be Primo's successor. He had been spending most of his days with Papa Nihil, he was having a refresher of the history of the Emeritus bloodline and re-educating himself about the satanic rights. She was juggling assisting her Father and Brother, she was exhausted. Taking a bite of her sandwich Albany slipped off her heels and curled her legs beneath herself on the comfy armchair, she enjoyed sitting in the library since nobody hardly visited the place in the daylight out.

The Los Angeles Ministry's library was old and spacious, it had books dating back centenaries. The main stain glass window was the center point of the room, it's colourful beams reflected across the wooden floor of the library. There was a long table in the middle of the room, it was mostly used for meetings and archive researching. There was armchairs with end tables in some corners of the room, the lamps accompanied any readers who chose to sit upon them. The scent of the old books lingered in the air, the candles sitting in the old golden wall holders were burning bright. It was peaceful and calm, but someone's voice soon disturbed the silence of the library.

" Albany, are you in here?!"

" I'm here, Secondo!" She called.

 " Praise Satan!"

Albany sighed deeply to herself when she heard footsteps in the library, her peaceful moment was now over. The sound of scurrying paws caught her attention, she smiled when she saw Michelangelo hurrying towards her. The little hell hound sat next to the armchair, she itched his ear and cooed over him while she waited for her Brother to find them. Secondo soon appeared from behind a bookcase, he was dressed his papal robes. It was the first time Albany had seen her Brother dressed in his Papa attired, his face was painted in his chosen skull design. His papal robes were dark with a green lining, he was wearing his mitre too. He looked menacing, his face paint made his features more striking. Secondo immediately held his hands towards her, he soon approached his Sister's quiet corner. She had been working along side him for most of the morning, his company wasn't exactly wanted at this very moment. His voice broke the silence between them, his speaking tone was filled with desperation.