Work In Progress

Chapter Twelve!

Work In Progress

November 2003 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The months had passed by quickly at the Los Angeles Ministry, the New Year was only a month and a half away away. Papa Nihil had been shadowing Primo for months, he was teaching him the ways of the Papa Emeritus bloodline. Books and history lessons, the Clergy archives had been accessed more than once in the last few months. It would take a few more years for Primo to take his Father's place has Papa, his eldest Son wasn't ready yet to lead the Clergy into the dark ages. 

Primo's transformation into Papa Emeritus had began immediately when Papa Nihil had arrived at the Los Angeles Ministry, his papal robes had already been designed by the Clergy tailor. A red and black chasuble with upside down crosses, a white mitre with the black Grucifix. Long black gloves, his face paint had already been decided. He looked fierce and menacing in his new Papa attire, his presence alone was unsettling. His authority was soon known when he spoke about the changes he would bring to the Ministry, he was going to rule the unholy church with sternness. The ghouls had even whispered to Papa Nihil about his eldest Son's behaviour, they had concerns too when Nihil stepped down has their Papa. 

Albany had been assisting her Father in his office, she had witnessed most of his teachings along side Primo. She had no idea how far back the Emeritus bloodline reached in the archives, she was fascinated. Their had been Papa Emerituses for hundreds of years, the family tree's stretched through generations of men and women. There was still distance relatives alive in some parts of the world, but Nihil had mention that his bloodline was the main one since his Father's Father's Father's Father's Father was the eldest of his kin. Secondo and Terzo had joined their Brother, their Father had insisted that he taught them at the same time. He didn't like repeating himself, he wanted to make sure they were educated for when their time came for them to take their rightful place has Papa.

Today was like any other day, it was nearly lunch time. The working day had been progressing smooth, but the paperwork was piling up in Papa Nihil's desk. Albany was unsure where all of this paperwork was coming from, her Father's workload had doubled since they had moved to Los Angeles. She thought Primo would be sharing their Father's workload since he was training to be the next Papa, but he only seemed to turn up when documents needed to be signed. Filing away some files Albany was helping her Father with his new filing system, he wanted his office to just like it was back in Italy. He didn't like the way this unholy church was run, he missed being in control. Returning to her seat at her Father's desk she began going through some other files, but her Father saying her name caught her attention, she immediately looked up at him from the files.

" Albany, will you deliver these documents to Primo's office?" He asked before placed a pile of folders near where she was sitting. " Tell him I would like him to read through them and sign them before this afternoon. Then you can go for lunch, but don't rush back. I have a meeting with your Brothers at 12:30pm. It will be an hour long meeting, but also remember to tell your Brother to bring those files with him to the meeting."

" Would you like me to assist you with your meeting?" She asked.

" There's no need, it's confidential." He replied.

" Okay, Papa." She said while she got to her feet. " Would you like me to bring you something to eat before your meeting begins? I could make you some coffee, maybe bring you a little snack."

" Not right now, little one." He replied.

" Okay, I will see you this afternoon then." She said.

Albany took the files from the desk, but her Father didn't even acknowledge her when she said goodbye to him. He was engrossed in his paperwork, he didn't really speak to her much throughout the working day unless it was work related. She left her Father's office and wandered along the hallway, the folders in her arms were heavy. Primo's office was on the fourth floor, she had to get the elevator to the top floor and then returned to the ground floor for her lunch. Reaching the elevator the doors slight open and a couple of employees entered the hallway, she then stepped inside the elevator before she pressed the button for the fourth floor.