The Emeritus Bloodline Ends Here

Chapter Twenty-Seven!

The Emeritus Bloodline Ends Here

September 2016 - The Los Angeles Ministry

The months passed by quickly at the Los Angeles Ministry, the frontman of the Clergy's band was still pleasing them with his performances and success around the globe. They had new songs and an upcoming tour in the next few days named Popestar, they would be touring until November. A family meal had been planned, but it had been cancelled at the last moment. Papa Nihil had a emergency meeting with some of the higher ranking members of the Clergy. Terzo would be attending alongside Sister Imperator, they had many things to discuss before Papa Emeritus the Third left for his upcoming tour. 

Albany was spending her evening alone in front of the television set, she had made herself a bowl of cacio e pepe and a hot coffee. She was grateful for the dinner cancellation, it meant she didn't have to cook tonight for her family. Primo and Secondo had made their own dinner arrangements after the cancellation, the evening belonged to herself for a change. She had dressed in her red cotton pyjamas and blue bed socks, her hair was tied up in a messy bun. Twirling some spaghetti around her fork she blew on it before she ate it, she was watching an old movie playing on the television set. Albany was enjoying her peaceful evening, but something darting along the back of the couch caught her attention. Her head turning slightly she noticed a little brown rat with dark eyes sitting on the back of the couch, it's paws coming together it smelt the air. The scent of cheesy spaghetti was probably alluring to the little rodent, but she was unsure if the rat belonged to her former lover. Placing her bowl down on the coffee table Albany got onto her knees, she rested her elbow on the back of the couch. She watched the rat approaching her arm, but it kept it's distance. She smiled at the rat before she spoke with it, her speaking tone was soft.

" Hello, little one." She said.

Squeak Squeak!

" Are you one of Copia's rats?" She asked.

Squeak Squeak!

" You shouldn't be here, it's dangerous." She said.

Squeak Squeak!

" I don't understand what you are saying, but I'm guessing you're here on the behalf of someone we both know." She said with a sigh. " Where is he? Will you take me to him?"

Squeak Squeak!

" Was that a yes or a no?" She asked.

The rat stared at Albany for a brief second before it darted along the back of the couch, it jumped from the couch arm and hurried towards the open doorway. She got to her feet and followed the rodent down the hallway, she was hoping that no one was around since the rat may be seen. The rat hurried down many different hallways, it stopped now and again to check if the coast was clear. Albany continued to follow the adorable creature, she soon found herself standing in the open stone hallway near the Ministry's gardens. The little rat had disappeared through a gap in the stone wall, it's location was unknown. She hurried down the hallway and looked over the edge of the stone window, she could hardly see anything. Her gaze began to wander, she was unsure if anyone was around at this hour. Her voice soon broke the silence of the hallway, her gaze explored the darkness of the garden. 

" Hello?" She asked.

The Ministry's garden was still and silent, there were metal streetlamps lighting the stone white pathways in some parts while other parts remained hidden. The sweet scent of roses drifted on the cool breeze, the night was calm. Albany couldn't see the rat anywhere, it had disappeared into the undergrowth. She was beginning to wonder if she had been imaging things, it had been busy for the last couple of days at the unholy church. A voice soon caught her attention, it echoed from somewhere unknown.