I've Lost Papa Nihil!

Chapter Thirty- Five!

I've Lost Papa Nihil!

19th of September 2019 - Los Angeles

The City of Angeles was bustling with life, the streets and highways were busy. The sun was shining and the sky was blue, it was another beautiful day in California. 

Papa Nihil was roaming the streets of downtown LA with Albany, he was promoting his own music from the past on vinyls. It was his fiftieth anniversary since he first took centre stage has Papa Emeritus, but his regain had been cut short due to his wandering eye for the fairer sex. Sister Imperator and Papa Nihil's working relationship was improving, she had allowed him to promote his former music career on the streets of Los Angeles on the behalf of Clergy. She had given him some rules to follow, but the elderly Papa was just happy to be out of the Ministry for the afternoon.

The Clergy had arranged to pick them up when Papa Nihil had finished promoting his songs, they didn't want the elderly Papa to wear himself out due to his ill health. Albany watched her Father approaching people on the street, he was trying his best to give them his Seven Inches Of Satanic Panic vinyls. People rejected his offers of free vinyls, it seemed like nobody was interested in his past music career. Albany listened to her Father complaining and grumbling to himself, he told his only living child that times had changed. She felt sorry for him, his promoting seemed not to be going to plan. A passer-by gave Papa Nihil some advice, the random stranger told him to try the local record store down the street. His voice was soon heard, he beckoned Albany to follow him while he began crossing the street.

" Albany, let's go!" He said.

" Be careful crossing the street, Papa!" She said.

" I know how to cross the damn..." He said.

Papa Nihil's sentence was cut short by screeching breaks, the sound of an automobile's horn was soon heard. An horrified gasp escaped Albany's lips when a car stopped inches away from her Father, he hadn't been looking where he was going. Wide eyed and horrified Albany immediately hurried towards her Father when the car beeped it's horn at him again, she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed. The elderly Papa didn't look too impressed with the driver, his gaze was sinister. Apologising to the driver Albany took hold of his arm and guided him towards the sidewalk, she told him never to cross the street without her ever again. He had frightened her half to death with his reckless behaviour, he could have easily been injured. Stepping onto the sidewalk Albany stopped her Father and turned him towards her, her gaze met with his own. She was concerned for him, but he looked unfazed by his near collision with the automobile.

" Are you okay, Papa?" She asked.

" I'm fine, little one." He replied before he looked back at the car that nearly hit him. " That idiot needs to learn how to drive, he could have killed me!"

" Sssh, Papa!" She said with a frown. " You're going to get us into trouble..."

" He started it!" He grumbled.

" Come on, let's visit the record store down the street." She said.

Albany's hand slipped away from her Father's arm, he continued walking down the street towards the record store. She watched him for a moment before she followed after him, she remained close in case he got himself into anymore trouble. The elderly Papa's features soon became cheerful, he was still in high spirits even though he had nearly been hit by a car. The record store wasn't that far, it was only minutes away from their location. Albany's attention was soon caught when she felt something vibrating inside her handbag, she wasn't expecting any calls while she was with her Father. She immediately opened her bag and took her mobile phone from it, there was one missed call from an unknown number. Papa Nihil's voice soon caught her attention, he was looking through the record store's window.