Boldness

Angela's Point of View;

I couldn't respond to what Misty said and soon Camella's dad stopped at a red light. The van meet up with us and I could now see who was in the car as their darkly tinted windows were down at the front seat. A brown rabbit was at the steering wheel and an elephant was sitting in the passenger seat. If there was anyone in the back seat we couldn't tell as the windows remained up. The elephant started talking to us in an accent that sounded very familiar to me.

"Hey y'all, sorry to bother you but can you tell us if we're on the right path to Stan Hywet Hall and Gardens?" He said with a smile at the end. It was strange seeing an elephant with a mustache but he wore a cowboy hat and a red flower-print shirt to complete his already weird look.

"No worries um if you make a left at the next exit and it will be a straight shot so you can't miss it." Camella's dad answered the elephant guy who nodded his head in understanding. Maybe they were following us because they were lost.

 "That's where we have to pass to get to the restaurant right Daddy," Camella chimed in followed by the brown rabbit answering. She also had on a similar print except with the flowers being purple.

"Well aren't you the clever one," She said earning a smile from Camella.

"She certainly is Jackie, much like how our William. Say hi son," As the elephant man spoke the windows in the back began to lower to reveal the William I knew from school. My eyes widen at actually meeting someone I knew from my world. He wore tinted glasses and had a beanie on his head but I was sure it was him.

Misty greeted them formally and Austin waved. I half-way smiled which seemed appropriate as I didn't have much to say to the William I knew either. But there was something different about this one. The glow that his counter had with other people seemed to be nonexistent.

"Yes well much obliged my good man. On our family vacation, you know, and taking an adventure. We'll see you around town sometime." The elephant man replied after our exchange and the windows went back up. I breathed a sigh of relief as the light changed back to green. Their car pulled ahead of us and I glanced over at Misty who didn't say anything more. He alone knew what he was thinking and I thought it best to not bother him to share it. But I did wonder if he knew William.

We eventually got to the restaurant as Camella's dad pulled into the driveway. It was certainly a sight to behold. The design wasn't typical for any restaurant that I've seen in pictures that my extended family ate at. It looked like cubicles with windows but based on what I could see it had through them it looked ordinarily fancy enough. I started to appreciate the way Camella dressed me so I could blend in with the crowd. No one has ever taken me to a place like this before, what should I expect here? I felt sort of self-conscience about the people around that got out of their cars and entered. Could I really cut it in this sophisticated crowd?

 Could I really cut it in this sophisticated crowd?