Uncomfortable Conversation

Angela's Point Of View;
Uncle Alaric managed to revive the guy on the ground and he was mourning while holding his head. I kind of felt sorry for him. The police came followed by Misty and they arrested Fane. I got off of her but kept a firm hold on her hands so that she won't break away and cause the police more trouble. But what she said about my troubles just beginning really had me worried. Misty came up to us carrying shopping bags. Did he really continue his shopping spree while I was busy facing criminals?

When he got near us, he handed me my phone right away. He didn't even seem fazed by the intense situation of all the cops around flooding into the store. At the same time, an officer that was a 6-foot-tall muscular Lion who stood upright and his mane was rather short as he could comfortably fit a red French-styled hat on his head. He had the same face paint I had seen on the Chief Roves but a scar going over his right eye that was a different color from the other eye that wasn't slashed. He didn't wear a police uniform like the rest, instead, he wore a black suit. He asked Uncle Alaric to describe what had taken place. I was glad he didn't want me to talk to him as I found him intimidating.

Uncle remained in the sight of Misty & me as they spoke. Misty was busy listening to it but I had other matters pressing on my mind. I had entered the location of the Angela they knew into the new phone cause I didn't know how long this form would last& if I would retain this knowledge after it left. The zap of my finger was expected now so I didn't have much of a reaction to it this time.

As I did this I wondered when I should tell them this. I could wait until we all were in or near the van. But how would I break this news to them and how they would react if I do? They obviously look up to this girl and depend on her. But it would be even worse to just keep it to myself and continue impersonating her. I don't know how to go about this, I wish there was a transformation to help me figure this out.

Then Uncle Alaric called my name breaking me out of my thoughts. He signaled for me to come closer to where he stood near the scary lion wearing a red cap in a black suit with a burning cigar and cane.

I hated the scent of those things, I wish he would put it out, at least when he was around me. At school, they talked about the effect of those things and I didn't want to inhale that. But I would not have the guts to say it.

When I stood right in front of him he was so tall and wore a frown. I saw on his shirt a name tag on the badge he wore on his front pocket. It said, Detective Goodfield.

"That's when Angela came to our rescue

"That's when Angela came to our rescue. You can ask the other witnesses that were in the store," Uncle Alaric said seeming to finish a sentence.

"Well, I know you have a reputation for saving people. Which is one thing we have in common. So let's put the past behind us and you can tell me what happened after the other witnesses left."