chapter 93: Transitioning pt. 3

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, that makes sense," the tall blonde nodded, heading out of her house and to her car.

Violet let out an exasperated breath, "I need a drink."

Santana chuckled at her words and held up the bag of alcohol they picked up before wedding planning, "Don't worry, we have all the alcohol in the world for you in this bag. Now, c'mon. I don't want to keep my beautiful future wife waiting, and you probably don't want to keep Trouty Mouth waiting either." Violet rolled her eyes at the nickname, but nonetheless, followed her to Britt's car.

When they entered Violet and Sam's house, it was lively. There was music. There were enough people that Violet wouldn't be overwhelmed, and it just so happened to be everyone she loved. These were her friends. These were the people who had seen her through thick and thin.

Santana and Brittany left to set out the spread of alcohol, setting aside Violet's bottles of tequila and leaving the girl by her front door looking at the scene in amazement. When Sam spotted his girlfriend looking at the house in awe, he walked up to her with their dog in hand and let McConaughey furiously lick her face.

She erupted in a fit of giggles which made Sam smile even wider. She sarcastically quipped, "And here I thought I'd be getting kisses from someone else, but I guess I'll have to be disappointed."

He shook his head at her dramatics before bringing his lips to hers, and he couldn't help but smile into the kiss when the corners of her mouth began to quirk up.

Violet broke the kiss and looked at him intently, "Thank you for this."

"Ah. This isn't even part of it." He brought her hand between them and brought down her thumb and pinky finger. "Tonight will be split into three parts."

She raised an eyebrow at him as he brought down her other fingers aside from her pointer finger. She asked, "Any reason why you're using my hand for visual effect?"

"I missed you today. We barely got to see each other, and I missed your hands in mine. Now, can I continue?"

Violet smiled softly at his confession and whispered, "Yes, you may go on."

His eyes brightened as he detailed the evening for her, "Well, first, we're gonna burn the memories with Anastasia Anthony. I got the fire pit and the pictures from that old shoe box. You can go through them to see if there's any you wanna save–"

She shook her head, "All the pictures in that box stayed in that box for a reason."

He breathed a small sigh of relief before he continued. He lifted a finger to indicate the number two, "Second, we're gonna reminisce and sing. Mercedes and Rachel made something for you, and we're all gonna sing together."

"And we're still singing 'Time After Time'?"

He simply nodded and continued, bringing the third finger up again, "And finally, we're going to get drunk and have fun with our friends."

Violet smirked cheekily, "As long as there's not spin the bottle again." Sam threw his head back in a groan, vaguely remembering that night from their sophomore year. She continued, "I don't think Kurt could handle watching Blaine and Rachel kiss again."

"I don't think I could handle watching you kissing anyone other than me," he mumbled before kissing her again.

She patted his cheek, "Don't worry, buttercup. There's no one in this whole universe I'd wanna kiss other than you."

He looked content at her answer, so he rejoined the crowd with her in tow. Then, he promptly led everyone to their backyard where Blaine and Kurt were already looking at the fire.