chapter 91: The Hurt Locker Part 2

Start from the beginning

Vi raised an eyebrow, "And you think she'll actually go for it?"

Kurt sighed, "We have to try."

"Alright, but if I get slapped again, it's on your conscience," Violet said plainly. The two guys stared at her, and she clarified with a chuckle, "I'm joking."

Kurt let out a breath and sarcastically remarked, "Not like that isn't a very real possibility."

Sam patted him on the back, "Are you okay? You seemed stressed."

Vi continued, "And it seems more than just the Invitational..."

"You know the date I went on last night?" Kurt asked.

"Was he a catfish?" Sam cringed at the thought.

"No," Kurt replied.

"That's good," Violet smiled reassuringly.

"But also, kinda?"

The couple looked at their friend strangely, wondering if the two could even coincide. Sam questioned, "How can you 'kinda' catfish someone?"

Violet sighed, "Were they just really overly photoshopped pics so he doesn't look like his profile? Because if he's doing that, you might just wanna run–"

"He didn't photoshop himself," Kurt interjected. "I don't even know if he knows how to photoshop. Walter... Walter's, like, in his 50s. He used pictures of himself from like 30 years ago, and I just thought that he used filters... God, how could I be so stupid?"

"Why would he use filters to make pictures look old?" Sam questioned.

Violet shook her head and looked between the two, "It's okay if you're fooled by them. Some people just have old souls and think they're 'born in the wrong generation' so they do shit like that. You're not stupid for not realizing that he's actually 50 instead of some guy our age who acts like he's in his 50s."

Sam nodded, "Yeah, Kurt. You made a mistake, but that doesn't make you stupid. I would know."

Violet furrowed her eyebrows and lightly slapped his arm, "Stop calling yourself stupid." He just gave a small smile in return before she faced Kurt, "And while you're not stupid, that's really really weird behavior from him. Please tell me that you left and stopped talking to him."

"Well..."

Sam raised an eyebrow, "That's kinda creepy, bro. He's like Burt's age."

"Honestly, from how he looks, he might be older–"

"Then, what's with the 'Well...' Kurt? You're like 22, and he's over twice your age. Your prefrontal cortex isn't even fully developed yet."

Kurt replied, "Okay, it's not like we're talking romantically. He just really needs a friend, and he's a sweet guy."

"In a cute old person way or an, 'I have a crush on a DILF' way?" Sam asked.

"In a 'he's a nice person way,' Sam," Kurt gave the former blonde a pointed look.

Violet huffed, "Just... be safe, okay? And be on the look out for weird power dynamics!"

"I will, I will."

"Well, I guess we all have our assignments." Sam started. "Vi needs to come up with choreography, me and Kurt will try to convince Rachel to accept you as the rightful choreographer of the New Directions, and Kurt will be careful with the old guy."

"His name's Walter," Kurt corrected him.

"Yeah... I'm not gonna remember that."

§    §    §