Chapter Thirty-One

Comincia dall'inizio

After a breakfast of the best pancakes Bella had ever tasted, they drove back to Bella's home so she could shower and get ready for the party at Rose and Emmett's place. They decided to spend the night at her place since she lived on Mercer Island like Rose and Emmett.

Before going to the party, Bella made some buffalo chicken dip, spinach artichoke dip and homemade pita chips to share. As she was packing up the nosh, her cell phone chirped from its charger on the counter. "Can you grab that?" she asked, smiling at Edward.

"It's Rose," he said, reading from the screen. "She asking if you could pick up some beer and something sweet for the party. Her, and I quote, 'preggo parasite is sucking all the fucking intelligence from her brain.' Is that really true?"

"I wouldn't know," Bella snickered, wiping her hands on a towel. "Rose is my first pregnant friend. I don't think Alice will even consider getting pregnant ... she's so high maintenance."

"What about you? Do you want kids?"

Staring at the countertop, she was panicking about her response. "I'm not sure," she whispered softly. "With what my mom did to me ... I'm terrified that I'm not cut out to be mommy material." She zipped up the tote with the food and hesitantly looked up at Edward. "Do you hate me?"

"I could never hate you, Bella," he breathed. "I don't blame you for your answer. Your mom is a selfish bitch and you deserved better."

"Thank you," she sighed, pressing her hand to her chest. "And, thank you for not judging me for my choice."

"I'll support you, Bella. Always," he vowed. She walked over to him, hugging him tightly. He returned her embrace, holding her in his arms. "You okay?" Bella nodded, cuddling closer. "Do you want me to pick up the beer and dessert?"

"No, I'm good. Rose is very particular about her beverage choices," Bella snorted.

"She's not drinking it," Edward countered.

"Trust me," she said, picking up the tote and her keys. Rolling her eyes, she walked toward her door with Edward on her heels. She locked up and they got into Edward's SUV. They drove to a nearby grocery store, finding several IPAs that met Rose, read Emmett's, discerning beer palette and a variety cookie platter. Bella also got some Twizzlers since Rose craved those like no tomorrow, checking out of the store.

The drive was quick, on the north side of Mercer Island. Edward parked his car on the street since the driveway was filled with cars. Gathering the stuff from the back seat, they let themselves into the large home. "This place is massive," Edward said.

"It's too big, in my opinion. No one needs this much room," Bella laughed.

"When you live with Emmett and his gas, there is no such thing as too much room," Rose cackled, walking into the foyer. "I love my husband, but he's got a major case of swamp ass." She hugged Bella. "Did you get some?" she whispered in her ear.

"Rosalie Lillian Cullen!" Bella hissed, stepping back.

"What? You came together looking like a couple and lovey-dovey," Rose smirked. "Did you slide home, Masen?"

Edward's green eyes glinted as he grinned crookedly. "Wouldn't you like to know?"

"I would, to be honest. My husband is about to beat some dude's ass and I'm horny. I need to live vicariously through you," Rose said, rolling her eyes. She looked at her two friends, seeing that there were not going to spill the beans, and she took the tote bag from Bella's hand. "Fine ... be that way."

"I hope you don't mind that I invited a new friend of ours," Bella said, following Rose into the kitchen. "His name is Peter and ..."

"I'm already here," Peter laughed, holding two glasses of wine.