Chapter 190: Christofern

Start from the beginning

Lloyd: And why didn't we hear about this years ago!?

Garmadon: (He looks at Wu.) Your students are a bit too nosy, Wu.

Lloyd: Nosy? You're the one that-! 

Wu: Please, Lloyd. Continue, brother.

Garmadon (Narrating): I was looking for answers, but didn't know where to look. I remembered the words of a wise man. Possibly the wisest I have ever met.

Crystal: The First Spinjitzu Master?

Garmadon (Narrating): No. Vinny, of NGTV News.

Lloyd: Wait, what?

Past Garmadon: What could possibly be more important than survival?

Past Vinny: Uh, jeez. Lots of things. Friendship, man, and-and-and love, and harmony, and trust, and truth, and courage, and you know, all the stuff that makes life worthwhile.

Garmadon (Narrating): These words meant nothing to me, but I wanted to understand them. So, I came here, and Vinny of NGTV News, in his infinite wisdom, welcomed me with open arms.

Wu: (Confused.) Infinite wisdom?

Garmadon: Yes, better than yours for sure, brother. (He scoffs.) The best way to defeat your enemy is to make them your friend. Hah, nonsense. (He takes a sip of his soda.) 

Lloyd: (Crossing his arms.) Good to know all his memories aren't back. 

Crystal: (Raising an eyebrow.) He welcomed you with open arms?

Garmadon: Well...not exactly- (He shakes his hand.) Let me finish you yellow Ninja-nerd. (He slouches on the couch.) Ugh, all of you are too inquisitive in this story, your endless questions are unbearing. Like Wu when we were younger. (He shakes his head.) I must admit brother, you taught one of your students something right than your own nephew. 

Lloyd: (Taken aback.) What- 

Wu: Brother, please just-

Crystal: (Crossing her arms.) Continue.

(In his flashback, Vinny opens the door to see Garmadon, then immediately slams it and screams.)

Past Vinny: Why is he here? Oh, what do I do, what do I do?

Past Garmadon: Vinny of NGTV News? It is I, Garmadon.

Past Vinny: (To himself) Call the police!

Past Garmadon: I require your counsel.

Past Vinny: Counsel?

Past Garmadon: You told me once that life was about more than survival. You mentioned ... uh, a bunch of words I didn't understand, but would like to!

Garmadon (Narrating): Vinny of NGTV News did let me in. (The others look at him no buying it.) But. Only on one condition.

Past Vinny: Okay, but— but you gotta promise. No violence, no destroying, and especially no fighting. I had to pay two months damage deposit for this apartment.

Past Garmadon: I swear it. (They shake on it.)

Past Vinny: So, um, what did you need help with?

Past Garmadon: I am attempting to understand the nature of goodness.

Past Vinny: G—Goodness?