36 - Promise?

Previously:

I gulped and nodded nervously. It seemed incredibly serious and whatever it was, it even made him nervous. He explained to me that he used to work for Voldemort, but had stopped when the famous Harry Potter had gotten his mark and the Dark Lord lost his powers. Whilst he was explaining everything, I sat there listening intently. Partly wanting to run away, and partly wanting to never leave him no matter what he could put on me.

Before I could say anything in response, he lifted his sleeve to reveal a dark mark...taking everything I thought I knew about him, and crushing it with a giant rock.

——————————————————————

"Y/N?"

"I don't have anything to say right now. Harry is my friend. And you are working against Dumbledore? How...how long have you...—"

He looked at me with grief before he reached over and grabbed my hand. I ripped it out from his grip and he frowned at me. "I have more to say."

I scoffed and looked at him with anger and confusion. "Go on then. Just know there is almost nothing you could say that would change how I feel right now." He sighed before speaking again. "I'm a spy for Albus. I am—was—pretty high in the ranks of the Dark Lord. Albus knew this, so he had asked me to continue to work for him while being a spy for Hogwarts. I would never work for him willingly again. I know I have no excuse for my past, but I was in an incredibly dark place. One with which I had no choice of getting out of."

I paused for a moment, taking it all in. Is he just a decoy? But what if he is lying...?

"I am not lying to you. I can show you. Give me your hand."

I hesitated before reaching out and grabbing his hand with my own. I felt a spark before I was taken back into what seemed like his memories. He was standing with Dumbledore in the Headmaster's office.

"Albus, you can't possibly be suggesting that I—"

"Yes, Severus. I want you to be a spy for Hogwarts."

The memory ended and I was back at Severus' chambers. I believed him...for now, at least. "Promise?" I felt his thumb graze the top of my hand, which was still on his, and I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at him. He spoke with confidence, "I promise. Now I feel inclined to ask...did you clean up in here? I had planned to do that today in lieu of classes being cancelled. But when I had arrived back last night, I noticed it had already been done.".

I blushed and nodded slowly, embarrassed that he had caught me hiding in his chambers. "Hm. Well, I suppose thanks are in order." He stood up, not letting go of my hand, and dragged me into the kitchen behind him. He let go of my hand as I sat in one of the stools at the counter and admired him as he made cups of tea. Once he had finished, he turned toward me and noticed I had been staring the whole time. He smiled ever so slightly and sat a cup in front of me. "Here, hopefully this will make amends for your gracious service."

I giggled as I grabbed the cup and took a sip, my eyes lighting up. "Mm, peppermint." He nodded and sat next to me at the counter. I took the time to look over him as he quietly sipped at his tea. His hair had seemed to have just been washed as it was wavy and laid messy on his head from taking his robe off earlier. He had on a dark blue sweater with black sweatpants and long hand-knitted socks with his name on them. I smiled lovingly at how he had put his socks over his pant legs. I too, do that when I like to admire the fabric of the sock. I thought it was adorable that he had his own custom socks.

He must have seen me staring, and he looked down at his own feet. "Ah...Minerva made these. I like to wear them on days where I stay in. They are rather comfortable...don't go telling her I said that."

I giggled and nodded, sipping the last bit of my tea. "Well...perhaps I could also stay in today." he tilted his head as he stood up and grabbed both of the cups off the counter. "What are you getting at?"

I smiled and played with the end of white long-sleeve shirt. "I could stay here...instead." I looked over at him as he rinsed the cups and sat them in the sink. He paused a moment before walking over toward me. "I do think it is rather important that you gain an education here at Hogwarts." he gave me the smallest smirk before walking toward his bedroom and leaving me alone in the kitchen to ponder.

I thought for a quick moment before I decided to stay with him. I took my robe off and hung it on the hook next to his. I also quickly checked the door, making sure it was still locked before I followed him to his bedroom. I opened the door and covered my eyes with my hands. "Are you clothed?"

I didn't get an answer. I waited a moment before I felt hands grabbing my own, pulling them off my face. I looked down at his outfit, which had now changed to a plain black shirt, plaid pajama pants with the same pair of socks. I smiled as I admired how cute he looked. He huffed at my hesitation and dragged me over to his bed. He sat down on the left side as he grabbed a book from his stand. He patted the other side of the bed and waited for me to follow him. I grinned and sat down next to him, awkwardly leaning against the headboard.

He frowned as he looked up from his book and noticed how far I was from him. "I know we had a rather serious conversation earlier. But you trust me, don't you?" I quickly nodded, not wanting him to think otherwise. He furrowed his eyebrows and sat his book onto his lap before reaching out for me to scoot closer. I shuffled over to him, and he smiled thankfully. I was now sat right next to him. He picked his book back up and began reading it. I rested my head on his shoulder as he spoke the words out loud, but quietly to himself. I felt myself begin to doze off, and he began to notice too. He situated himself so that he was further down on the bed, allowing me to lay next to him without having an ache in my neck from the awkward position it was on whilst placed against the headboard.

He began reading again and I smiled up at him as he did so. I laid my head on his chest, under his arm as he held the book above me. I tried to stay awake, but with his soft, calming voice reading the words with ease, I quickly felt myself drifting off. I grinned one last time as I saw him look at me. I felt his breath close to my face, but I was so tired I couldn't register it until he had kissed my forehead and sent me off into a deep sleep.

——————————————————————----------------------------------------------------------

I really projected there at the end, but I cannot help it. I want this experience SO BAD. I would literally do anything to have this happen to me. 😫😩😫😩😫😩😫😩😫😩😫😩😫😩😫😩😫

ANYWAY, THANKS FOR READING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is much appreciated as always. Hope you enjoyed this chapter as we have lots more fluff and adorable Snape stuff coming soon ;)