12 - Nightmare

I was still resting quietly on his chest. All I could see currently was his cape, our bracelets and some type of cushioned chair. I didn't dare move as I was quite comfortable, and I knew he would make me get off of him. I felt calm sitting here. He gave me a sense of relaxation.

I wasn't sure what time it was, but it felt as though it had been hours since the legilimens spell was casted onto me. His hand had still been making small circles on my back as I smiled softly. He was extremely kind when he wasn't busy being an absolute menace of a man.

"Miss Conway?"

I didn't reply. Instead, I closed my eyes and pretended to be asleep. I didn't want to move. He was so comforting and I was quite tired, honestly.

"Y/N." I felt my heart flutter as he had said my name for the first time, he came off his tongue so smoothly. I blushed and hoped he hadn't seen it.

I heard him sigh as he quietly picked me up bridal style and carried me somewhere. I wasn't sure where until I felt a bed dip as he laid me down on it. He covered me with what felt like a blanket and turned off a light. I felt his footsteps come back over beside me and felt him staring. I tried incredibly hard to not blush, but failed, hearing him sigh softly.

I opened my eyes just to peek and saw him catch my gaze. "Miss Conway?" I pouted as I realized he now knew I wasn't sleeping. I kept my eyes half closed, hoping he wouldn't force me back to my dorm room. "Don't worry. I'm not going to make you get up...I just want to talk."

I opened my eyes slightly wider as he sat down on the edge of the bed, right in front of my stomach. He was close, almost too close. I pushed off the thought as he looked at the floor in silence. It wasn't an awkward quiet, but I could tell he felt bad about what had happened. "Are you alright?" He looked over at me with concern written all over his facial features.

I couldn't bring myself to speak, so I nodded slowly. He waited another moment before he spoke again, "You're welcome to stay in my chambers tonight. I just hope you do not get the thought that this will be a reoccurring thing." I smiled softly, realizing he was slowly turning back into the grumpy old man I knew him to always be.

"Thank you." I managed to mumble out a few words as my eyes started to softly close. Right before he went to stand up, I reached out and grabbed his hand, he jumped in surprise but sat there anyways, waiting to hear what I needed to say.

"Please, stay."

He looked at me for a moment before furrowing his eyebrows sadly. "That would be inappropriate of me, but I will sit here with you until you are able to fall asleep." I smiled sweetly.

I felt him stand up as he made his way to the other side of the bed. Before he completely sat down, he walked over to what appeared to be a wardrobe. I noticed him grab something before he walked over to another door. "One moment."

Minutes later, the bed dipped as he sat down next to me. I looked over realizing he was now in his nighttime clothing. He had on a black shirt with distressed strips of black wool on it, he also had on black and white plaid pajama pants. He looked adorable. I blushed and smiled as he turned over on his side to place his bracelet on the nightstand beside him.

"Are you staying?" I was incredibly tired, so these words came out as more of a squeak than anything else. "Only until you feel comfortable enough to rest." I nodded and got more comfortable in his bed. Looking around, I noticed his bed was all black, even the headboard. I liked it, it seemed quite fancy to me, and fit his personality. His entire chamber fit his personality. Everything was either a shade of black, white or grey. It was all very dark academia style. He had tall bookshelves filled with books of all sizes.