29 - Prank

Previously: He spoke quietly and harshly, "I said...what are you feeling right now?" I raised an eyebrow before I thought to myself a moment. What is he trying to do? "Um, I guess I feel confused...a bit uncomfortable. Why?" He turned toward me, hiding something behind his back. "What color is your bracelet right now?" I glanced at my sleeve which was covering my bracelet. "Can you tell-" He slammed his hand down onto his desk, causing me to jump. "WHAT color." he spoke angrily, I was honestly started to get a bit nervous. I reached down to my wrist and pulled my sleeve back, so I was looking at the bracelet. "Black."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

He stared at me, wide-eyed. "What is the problem? Do I have something on my face or something?" He turned back around toward his desk, putting the item into a piece of paper and crumbling it up. "Profe-" He snapped his head around to look at me, his cheeks seemed to be a light shade of pink and he looked like he had just seen the worst thing in the world. "Quiet. Not another word out of you." I furrowed my eyebrows and stood silently, waiting for him to explain what was going on. He took the paper with the item in it and walked toward me, slowly reaching it out in front of him. "Take this. Take it and do not ever give it back to me." I was seriously concerned now. What the hell was happening?

"But..." He slapped his hand over my mouth. At this point I had thought he had done something really wrong, like killed somebody or something. "Do not ever open it either." I nodded and he lifted his hand from my face, "Good. Now get out." I had no will to stay, so I turned around and left the room. 

--TS-- (TIME-SKIP)

I walked in the great hall for lunch, I was still a bit weary and very confused. It had been about a few hours since I had seen Severus last. I stepped into the room a bit late, not wanting to be there alone in case he also came in early. I noticed Draco, Luna, Fred, George and Amelia sitting at my table, which was odd, because Fred and George barely ever sat with us. I felt eyes on me as I walked in, interrupting Dumbledore's speech. I smiled awkwardly as I sat down with them. Dumbledore cleared his throat and continued his speech, smiling at me as if welcoming me to the meal. I noticed most people have looked away from me, however one person was still burning holes in my head. Severus. I tried my best to ignore it, but it was hard since I happened to be facing his direction. 

I decided to start a conversation as soon as the headmaster had finished talking. "So, Fred, George, what are you two doing at the Slytherin table?" They smiled at me joyfully, "Well! Fred and I chose to sit here today because we have such good news." I tilted my head, waiting for them to continue. I had not even noticed Snape had come over to the table until a large shadow was blocking the light that used to hit George's face. I looked up at him, as did everyone else in my little group. He cleared his throat, but just stood there. It was...really weird, if I'm being honest. "Uhm, Sir?" Luna spoke up, something the rest of us were too freaked out to do. He snapped out of whatever trance he was in and walked away from the table. 

All of us just sat there, extremely confused. It took about 3 minutes for anyone to speak. "What was the news you came over here for?" Amelia spoke first, I was thankful for that, it was starting to get a little too awkward. Fred smiled widely, "Do you remember that awful kid that kept bothering you?" I nodded slowly, unsure of where he was going with this. George immediately interrupted Fred, "He went missing!". I froze a moment, confused on how this was good news. "Okay...how is this a good thing?" Luna smiled softly, "They thought you would be happy he couldn't bother you anymore." Fred and George nodded quickly. "Well, that part is nice, but it isn't good that a student went missing. Where did you even hear this from?"