24 - Divination

I was sat in Minerva's office when I heard her dismiss her students. She reentered the room I was occupying and gave me a warm smile. I felt much more calm now but I won't admit that I'm any less hurt by the actions that occurred just moments earlier. "You're going to have to head to class now, I'm not allowed to keep you any longer." She gave me a pitiful glance and I smiled back at her. "Understood. Thank you for allowing me to stay." She nodded and I left her office, making my way to the classroom door. I rested my hand on the knob, beginning to turn the door when I felt it jerk open, taking my arm with it. I grimaced when I felt my wrist being pulled forcefully in the wrong direction.

"Ah, fuck." I hissed, staring down at my now burning wrist.

"Language."

I looked up, looking eyes with the evil professor. I glared at him, not ready to speak to him after earlier. I left the room whilst holding my wrist. It hurt more than the time I had jumped off the bottom step and sprained my ankle, still can't believe I managed to do that. It was now beginning to bruise and I cursed under my breath.

I was now making my way to my next class, Divination. I adored Professor Trelawney, so this wasn't much of a difficult class for me. I walked in and sat at one of the round tables at the front. I noticed two people sit next to me but hadn't paid much attention as I was too busy doodling on my notepad. "Ahem", I raised my eyebrow and looked over at the girl who was now staring at me expectantly. Hermione Granger.

"Well?" She scoffed out. This girl sure didn't know how to hold her tongue. "What do you want, Granger?" I managed to spit out. I really wasn't in the mood for talking today, especially if she was going to speak to me like I had just killed her cat. She rolled her eyes and glanced over at Ron before she looked back at me with a glare. "This is our table, Harry is going to sit there." I assumed this was a joke and laughed loudly. She didn't smile. In fact, her face remained in a glare. I smirked when I realized she was being serious.

"Oh, is that so?"

She nodded before looking over at the door, a tired Harry Potter entering from behind it. She looked back at me and lifted her hand, brushing it as if telling me to scoot off. I looked at her like she was crazy. I am absolutely positive I had been sitting here first, not only that, there was an empty table right across the aisle. "I'm not moving. I was here first, you can sit over there." I pointed over at the empty table and she scoffed once more. Harry had arrived at our table and smiled at all of us, not realizing the tension in the air.

"Harry, tell Conway to leave." She hissed in Harry's direction, causing him to stutter. "U-um.. what?" I smirked, sitting completely still. Harry sat in the only open chair left as Professor Trelawney entered the room. "Good morning, class. I'd like to have you all split into groups today. You can work with the students at your table." I looked over at Hermione who was not glaring holes into the professor's head. I winked at her once she had looked at me, causing her to huff loudly.

I wasn't usually this insufferable but she was annoying me, and I wasn't in the mood for that today. "You can use the ball sitting on each table to try describing what you can see." Trelawney sat down at her table and watched us expectantly. Ron spoke up first, breaking the tension. "So... what do you see, Y/N?" I raised my eyebrow and looked into the glass ball. I couldn't see anything but cloudy glass. "Nothing. How about you?" He leaned closer to look into it, sighly deeply. "I see my house. All of my family standing outside of it." I nodded and looked at Harry, waiting for him to look next. Before he could speak, Hermione beat him to it.

"Nothing. There's nothing in this. I told you all this class is a fake." She rolled her eyes and look over at Harry. Who had now leaned into the ball. We all waited for his reply as he simply stared into the glass.