16 - Heathen

I woke up to a giant crash, then somebody yelled. "Shit!" I immediately recognized the voice and felt like playing with him.

"Language."

I opened my eyes gently, smiling at him. He huffed and looked back at me. "Sorry. I didn't mean to wake you."

"Don't worry. I would have woken soon anyways. Are you alright?" He looked down at what he had tripped over. "I'm fine. How are you feeling after your rest?" I sat up slowly, noticing I had felt much better now. "I feel good, actually. I suppose I should get going." He nodded, moving to the side so I could exit. I realized I was still in Severus' shirt. I didn't really fancy taking it off, so I crossed my arms after I stood up, hiding the logo from him in hopes that he would forget I had it on.

To my surprise, he did forget. At least I assumed, as he allowed me to leave silently. I walked out of the room and made my way toward my dorm room. Everybody was in class at the moment, so I wouldn't have to worry about running in to anybody else. It also helped that the Slytherin room was just down the hall. Once I had made it there I entered quietly and went straight to my dorm. I smiled as I uncovered the shirt and took it off. I threw on my common clothing and put my robe on over top. I tucked the shirt into one of my bags in the corner, planning to wash it after classes today.

I left the common room after fixing my hair, making my way to my next class. Herbology. Professor Sprout was already walking around, examining all of the other students as they worked silently. "Oh. Good afternoon, Y/N!" I smiled at her as I went to an empty pot that was sat out on the ground. I looked around trying to figure out what everybody else was doing. Before I could ask the professor, she had already walked over to me.

"May I ask why you were late? You are a Prefect now, which means you should typically be on time."

"I woke up sick today, so I visited Professor Snape for a healing potion." She nodded in response and smiled back at me. "Alright. Glad to see you're feeling better. Today we are handling Mandrakes." I pouted as I realized I had forgotten my earmuffs.

"Do you mind if I burrow some earmuffs? I have forgotten mine." She grinned and walked over to her desk, throwing me a pair of black earmuffs she had sitting atop it. I put them on and began following the instructions she gave me as I went along.

TS—

I was now on my way to the potions classroom to check on my Amortentia. It should be finished soon. I entered the classroom, noticing nobody else was in there. I uncovered my potion and realized it was now beginning to turn the correct shade of pink. I smiled to myself before I heard a large crash from behind me. I turned around and saw Severus leaning over his desk with his hand on his knee. "Are you alright?" He looked up at me and his face was very clearly covered with anger. "Why are you here? Class isn't in session." I furrowed my eyebrows and stared back at him. "My potion is almost finished, I was check-"

He quickly cut me off and began raising his voice. "I don't care. I told you I would finish that. Leave my classroom and don't come back until you have a potions class." My eyes widened in disbelief and I nodded, sitting down the spoon carefully. "I will not tell you again, Conway. Leave my room, you heathen of a child." I didn't bother recovering the potion as I grabbed my book and quietly left the room, shutting the door behind me. Maybe he was in a bad mood...

I made my way to my next class, D.A.T.D.A., pushing past the people in the hallways. I opened the door and walked in, taking my seat next to Hermione Granger. "Are you okay?" She asked me as I had put my book down gently, trying not to show off that I was upset. "I'm fine." She looked away and nodded.

"Good morning, class. Today is the first Quidditch tryouts, so I was told that if you are planning to tryout for Quidditch, you must report there after lunch." I smiled, excited to get back into Quidditch.