23 - How Dare You?

I woke up the next morning, stretching from my dorm room bed. I decided to stay in my room tonight to avoid any confrontation from Slytherin students, wondering where I was.

I stood up to change and noticed my owl staring at me from the window. I raised my eyebrow and she squawked back at me. "What is it, Panini?" She flapped her wings and flew off. "Weird."

I finished getting ready and fixed my hair. Walking out of my dorm, I tripped on something and fell face first onto the floor. "Ouch.." Someone laughed at me and I glared at them in return. "Maybe watch your feet before you step next time." They laughed again as I stood up. I began walking toward them and they stopped laughing and ran off. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

I made my way to the Great Hall and sat across from Draco. Amelia and Luna happened to join us again today. "Y/N, I'd like to introduce you to some people I met recently." Luna spoke up and I nodded. I wondered who she would bring over, probably some Ravenclaw friends. I felt somebody look at me so I looked around, trying to find who it was. There was a small brown-haired boy staring at me intently. I furrowed my eyebrows, trying to figure out who he was.

"Y/N? Hello?" I snapped out of my thoughts and looked back over to Luna, who was now standing with 3 people behind her. One of them had red hair, one wore glasses and the girl just looked like every other first year with a hint of confidence. "Hello." I greeted them, glancing back at the boy who was staring at me just moments before. He was no longer looking, and instead was pointing at a blonde-haired girl who was in Gryffindor. "Y/N, this is Hermione," I looked back at Luna to notice her pointing at the girl who walked over behind her. "Harry," She then pointed to the kid with the glasses. Harry Potter. So that's the one everyone goes crazy over. "Lastly, this is Ronald Wea-" I cut her off, knowing who he was. "Weasley. So I've heard."

He looked around anxiously and nodded. Hermione held her hand out for me to shake, which I just stared at it awkwardly. I didn't know this girl, yet she wanted me to touch her hand, which has probably been somewhere unsanitary? No thanks. Once she noticed I wasn't going to shake it, she slowly lowered her hand. "Don't take it personally, Y/N has trust issues." Amelia winked and I glared at her, which made the 3 visitors laugh. "I do not. I just don't want to touch a stranger's hand." She rolled her eyes and began talking to them. I took the time to look back over at the boy who was now staring back again. He winked at me and I made a disgusted face.

Why do people not know how to control themself? I'm clearly a human, you don't have to treat me like I'm your piece of meat or something. I rolled my eyes when he smiled at me. Feeling pretty creeped out by his menacing smile.

I looked over at the entrance, hearing the door open. Most students were staring by the time the person entered. Snape. He looked exhausted again... didn't he sleep? I furrowed my eyebrows in thought. Why wouldn't he have slept? I took time out of my week just to take care of him and make sure he was okay, and now he's just going to let himself get right back to where he was? I frowned and looked at the table.

I guess my assistance really didn't mean anything to him.

I looked over at Draco and smiled at him when I noticed he was already looking at me. He smiled back and then tilted his head. "Are you alright?" I nodded slowly. "I'm fine." I glanced over at Snape from the corner of my eye and saw him staring at me from the staff table. I rubbed it off and stood up, grabbing Draco's hand. He furrowed his eyebrows at me as I dragged him out of the Great Hall. "Where are you taking me?" I shrugged, not exactly having an answer.

We ended up walking to Hagrid's hut. I realized I hadn't properly greeted him since I've been back. "He is at breakfast right now, but it ends soon anyways." Draco nodded and sat on the sofa. I entered the kitchen and began to boil water for tea. I'm sure Hagrid won't mind as long as I leave him a cup. I waited for the water to be done before pouring it into 3 mugs and adding a tea bag to each of them. I added some sugar and stirred, carrying 2 of them back into the main room. Once I sat those down I went back and got the remaining mug.