22 - Thoughts (again)

Previously:

I couldn't move, nor did I want to. He had moved even closer, pinning his chest against my back and placed his head just behind mine. I felt myself blush and relax under his hold.

I gave him access to my mind, letting him hear everything I wanted to say to him.

I could stay like this forever. You're perfect and don't even realize it. You make me feel things I've never felt before. I only wish I can return the offering.

——————————————

I slowly turned around to face him. He stared back at me with a sparkle in his eye, I now know it wasn't the fireplace. He lifted his arm from my waist and placed it on my face, cupping my cheek. I blushed at the touch and shivered, his hand still being cold. He felt the sudden movement and took his hand off. I frowned at the loss and hesitantly reached out, grabbing his hand. I placed it back on my cheek and he gave a very light smile, still not feeling the best. I smiled back as I blushed at how close we now were.

"Severus." I spoke in a whisper and he closed his eyes as I mentioned his name. I suddenly got a wave of confidence and lifted my hand, placing two of my fingers on his chin. He opened his eyes softly and stared at me while he rubbed his thumb over my cheek. I slowly moved my fingers to match my eyes. I looked over his forehead, running my fingers over it. I moved down to his eyes, circling them with my fingers, being extra gentle when I reached his eye bags from loss of sleep. He closed his eyes as I did this, opening them back up as I moved down to his nose. I traced it carefully, dipping in and back out depending on what his nose shape was at that mark.

I then moved down to his lips. I traced them lightly, barely touching his face before I put my finger on his bottom lip, dragging it down slightly before releasing it back into its place. He watched me the entire time, examining my eyes as they followed with my fingers. I was now staring at his lips as they curved upward only a bit. I smiled back at him, happy that I was finally this close to my supposed soulmate. I noticed him flicker his eyes down to my lips and I began to blush. He looked back up at my eyes, going back and forth a few times, as I did the same.

He slowly leaned in and I got nervous. Not only is he sick, but because of that I feel like he isn't really aware of what he's doing. I moved my hand off his chin and back onto his lips. He paused a moment and tilted his head slightly, as if he was asking me why I stopped him.

"You're sick, and I don't think you are really aware of what you're doing right now." I looked down, still blushing as I tried to hide how much I wanted him to kiss me.

I know exactly what I'm doing.

I blushed harder at his comment and glared at him, not wanting him to continue until he felt better. He stared back at me, but didn't move his head.

Fine. I'll wait then.

I smiled at him, thankful he got the hint. I leaned forward and kissed his cheek. I noticed a slight tint of blush appear and I looked at him in awe.

This was truly the most perfect man I've ever met.

Thank you.

——TS——

I woke up, rubbing my eyes softly before looking around. I noticed I was facing the kitchen again. Looking down, I felt an arm wrapped around my waist and smiled gently. I heard a quiet squeal and looked over at the window, seeing Severus' owl perched there with a letter in its mouth. I carefully called it over, making sure not to wake the sleeping human beside me. I now turned to face him and smiled. His skin color was back to his normal tone, and his eye bags were starting to disappear.