26 - Bad Intentions

Kinda projected in this chapter... my bad 💀
—————————————————————————

I woke up the next morning with dry tears still streaked down my face. I sighed dramatically and made my way into the bathroom. I quickly changed before anybody else could come in, but I likely knew they wouldn't as I always woke up before anybody else. I washed my face, freeing myself of the memories of last night. I swiftly styled my hair and left the Common Room. I made my way to the Great Hall and smiled peacefully when I noticed it was only me, Hagrid, Minerva, Lupin and Dumbledore. They all greeted me, and Minerva motioned for me to come to her. I sat my stuff down at the end of the Slytherin table where I normally sat, and walked over toward her.

She leaned in close to my ear so nobody else could hear. "Y/N, dear.. I heard of what happened last night." I quickly widened my eyes and backed up. He told her?! She stared at me confusingly. "You got detention, right?" I released a puff of air when I realized she wasn't referring to what had happened IN detention. I nodded and she looked at me sympathetically. It really was my fault for getting detention though, I mean, I was in the restricted section. I wouldn't tell her that, though. I smiled back and heard a door open to the left of us. I looked over and immediately lost my breath as I saw Severus walk in. He was slumped over himself and looked as horrible as he did just days ago. He hadn't slept, his hair was messy and he was falling over.

Was he drunk?!

I accidentally opened my mind when I said that, causing him to look in my direction. I quickly turned away and looked back at Minerva. "Um... I'll go sit now, Minerva." She nodded, smiling kindly at me. "Enjoy your breakfast, dear." I smiled back and left the table, walking back over to my seat. I heard a voice in my head and knew who it was almost instantly.

I'm sorry.

I huffed angrily and threw my book onto the table loudly. He knew I was mad. I sat down and shortly after the other teachers and students began to arrive. I could hear Severus and Dumbledore arguing from the back of the room and I'm sure everybody else could as well. I looked at Minerva curiously and she shrugged back at me. She then looked over and yelled at the two of them to be quiet. They shut up immediately and I giggled. She always knew how to calm anybody down. Albus stood up, not moving from his seat. "Let the feast... begin!" He snapped and the tables suddenly filled with food. Everybody began eating and I picked at my breakfast, wondering where Draco was. I got an inkling and looked over, noticing I was correct. He was sitting with Amelia and Luna.

I smiled sadly but didn't bring anymore attention to it. I didn't want to seem possessive of the friendship but I couldn't help but blame myself anyway. I had been keeping my distance from my friends recently, and I was beginning to feel the consequences for it.

I took a bite out of some ham and then sat the rest back on the plate. I really didn't have much of an appetite today. I then thought back to what I heard earlier and decided to call him out on it.

How dare you say you're sorry?

I watched him as he looked over at me with his eyebrows raised. I continued,

You hurt me, over and over again. Several days in a row and all you have to say is that you're sorry? Your apology doesn't mean shit to me.

I glared at him as he looked back at me sadly. He definitely was drunk.

Are you drunk right now? I cannot even believe you. You're only apologizing because you feel the effects of the alcohol. You aren't really sorry.

I was on a roll, I might as well get everything out while he was drunk and probably wouldn't remember it. He was now staring at me intensely and I could feel a few more eyes on me but I didn't care. Even if somebody saw they would just assume we were having an angry stare down.