2 - The Book

I made my way through the halls, approaching the headmaster's office entrance. I looked around me, making sure nobody was listening before I stated the password. I rolled my eyes, remembering how silly it was. "Dumbledore rules." The gargoyle slowly turned as I stepped onto the bottom stair. I allowed it to lift me up to the man's private office. Smiling, he greeted me kindly, "Ah, Miss Conway. What can I do for you?" I smiled back, realizing how cozy his office really was, I looked around quickly, noticed the large bookshelves filled with books, and the small staircase that led to his desk.

"I was wondering if I would be able to skip classes today? I would like to show my little sister around. She seems to be struggling a bit with getting herself calm." He raised an eyebrow, thinking for a moment. "Okay. However, I will need a professor to escort you."

I sighed, remembering what he said last year, "Y/N, due to your negligent party throwing this year, you have two choices. You are either to be escorted most places by a professor, or you are to be expelled." Of course, I took the first option.

I nodded, defeatedly. "Yes, Sir." He smiled back at me, "Excellent, let me call you a professor." I grinned, waiting for assistance. While he was on the phone, I turned to the towering bookshelf, looking over the spines of all of the books. Most of them looked pretty old, which was my favorite kind of literature. It always smelled amazing. "The professor is on his way." I turned back to Dumbledore, nodding. "Thank you." He smiled and I looked at the door, hearing somebody's footsteps.

I was shocked to see it was the new professor, Lupin. I wasn't sure he knew where to go any more than my sister did. "Um... Sir?" I turned to Dumbledore, who raised his eyebrow in response. "Yes?" I looked at the professor awkwardly. "Are you sure he knows his way around?" I turned back to the headmaster, who just grinned at me. "No, that is why you will be showing the both of them." I signed internally, great, just what I needed. I nodded and turned to leave. "Oh. Y/N, I need you to stop by the potions classroom and drop off this book for me. See to it that it reaches it's VERY important destination."

I raised an eyebrow. Confusing, but okay. I walked up to his desk, grabbing the book from his hand. "Do not read it, either." I nodded and turned to leave once more.

We reached the hallway, and I looked down either way. "We should get my sister first." Before hearing what the professor had to say, I walked quickly toward the Ravenclaw Common Room. I heard the quick footsteps behind mine, assuming he followed. Once I got there, I opened the door without knocking. "Shouldn't you knock first, Miss Conway?" I looked at the professor who had a look of confusion on his face. I smiled back at the man. "Well, normally yes, but I don't." He looked at me with shock but didn't say anything else. I knew I was beginning to like this one, he allowed me to say whatever I wanted.

"LUNA!" I yelled out, waiting for the blonde-haired girl to come to the door. I didn't knock, but I sure as hell wasn't going to just walk in, there could be naked people in there! I giggled to myself softly at my own joke. Luna then came to the door. "Hello, Y/N!" She stated happily, typical Luna. "Do you happen to know where Amelia is?" She nodded quickly, running off to find her.

Soon enough, they both skipped around the corner. The biggest smile on my sister's face. "Luna... what did you do to her? You haven't corrupted her with your happiness, have you?" I heard Lupin snicker, which earned a smile from me. "Why, of course not! I was just allowing her to unpack her things so we could be bunk mates." I have never seen these two so... giddy. Weird.

I decided to think nothing more of it and grabbed Amelia's robe. "Come, come. We must go on a tour." She nodded and followed me out to the hall. Luna shut the door behind her, and I turned toward the two people in front of me. "Classes start soon, so we must go slow." I giggled to myself. "Shouldn't we go fast if classes are starting soon?" I turned to Lupin, smiling. "Someone is excited to teach. However, no. I'd rather not join my classmates today. Besides, I'm sure somebody will cover you!" He rolled his eyes but nodded anyways.