14

Chapter 14 ~B'linded

-•-

A blood-curdling scream woke Emily, her eyes shooting to the target. Harper's body jerked and finally stopped laying emotionless as sweat dripped down her face. Emily ran fast toward her. Harper was already up, pulling on a robe.

She flinched as Emily's hand grabbed her shoulder gently. She violently pushed her off, her eyes holding fear. "It's okay, it was just a dream," Emily said, while Daphne watched from her four-poster bed scared at Harper's state.

"I need-d Sever-us," she croaked out, her voice barely audible over a whisper from the previous day's events.

Emily nodded, taking in her words, putting up her hands slowly to show Harper before she gently guided the girl out. Daphne got up in the process, following them out.

Harper still wobbled her feet feeling like jello as she took in the dream that invaded her mind. Not knowing if it was real or fake but having a sense of realism she didn't want to test her luck. Her breath came out in hitches as she couldn't escape the nightmares whether asleep or awake.

Harper focused on her feet once again replaying the dream in her head to retell it perfectly to Snape. Emily just stared helplessly at the girl as she exited the common room and made the short walk to Snape's office.

She watched as Harper's hand shook as she knocked on the professor's door. They sat in silence for a couple of seconds not hearing anything on the other side. Harper knocked again, this time following it up with words. "Severus, open the door," Harper's voice scratched out.

Emily didn't say anything about the girl's voice or how she walked with a slight limp. She just waited with her to make sure she was okay, in the middle of the night.

Footsteps could be heard before Harper even finished her sentence. The door swung open, a sleepful professor opening it urgently. He scanned the surroundings before his eyes finally landed on Harper.

He took in her state. Her frantic eyes, the slight twitching of her shoulder, the paleness of her skin, she looked scared. The professor put his cold exterior up, looking at the uncharacteristic traits Harper was presenting.

"Ms. Lestrange, please go back to your dorms," he snapped looking at Harper, never making eye contact with Emily. Emily silently nodded, letting go of Harper, and looking back one last final time before she entered the common room once again. She was faced with two scared and petrified faces.

"What is wrong Harper," he rushed out, pulling his door open further so she could walk into the room. He noticed the limp now.

Harper rushed out not leaving any room for chit-chat or error, "I saw Mr. Weasley, get attacked by a snake in what seems to be the Ministry of Magic," her voice still scratchy but her words coming out bold and with a purpose.

Snape nodded taking in the information. "It could've just been a dream, Ms. Potter," he simply said.

"It wasn't professor, I was the one attacking him," She stated. Snape nodded, looking Harper in her eyes to see if there was any hint of uncertainty.

"Very well," he said, making his way out of the office in a rush. Harper didn't question his actions, only following him slowly, not being able to keep up with him. They made their way to Dumbledore's office in minutes.

Snape said the password in a rush, his pace quickening as he made his way up the stairs. He knocked loudly, Dumbledore seemingly already awake as the door swung open in an instant. "Pleasure Severus," Dumbledore said, opening the door wider.