13

Chapter 13~ D'amaged

-•-

(TW Rape) 

"Ms. Parkinson," Pansy's head snapped up to look at the high-pitched voice.

"Yes, Professor?" Pansy said in the nicest voice she could muster.

"May you give this to Mr. Malfoy," Umbridge handed a piece of paper to her. Pansy who nodded enthusiastically as Umbridge just ignored Harper before she walked off down the hall.

Harper didn't say anything about the note pushing it to the back of her mind as they entered the library. She sat down, pulling a book out of her bag. Pansy placed her bag on the table before she went over to Flynn to talk to him for a couple of minutes.

Pansy came back with all smiles before she grabbed her bag again, "Where are you going?" Harper asked in a rush watching her friend leave, Flynn close behind her. Harper scoffed to herself as she watched Pansy leave with Flynn before she turned back around to be met by Emily.

Harper's face dropped as she looked at her ex-friend. She began to pack up her things annoyed at the situation. "No wait, Harper," She stopped what she was doing, snapping her head to Emily at the use of her first name.

"I'm sorry," Emily rushed out.

Harper just stared at her confused. "Um-"

"I shouldn't have believed the daily prophet," She threw the daily prophet on the table. "They wrote a bogus story about my family today. And I-I, I'm just sorry, I really didn't mean the words I was saying, I'm just scared Harper," Emily's voice became quieter as she continued.

Harper just looked confused. She began to pick up her things once again. "Is this some kind of joke, Lestrange?" Harper said leaving the library, Emily at her heels.

"No, no," Emily said, as she quickened her pace, noticing they were going to the common room. "Draco and Blaise talked sense into me the past couple of days and I've been meaning to talk to you sooner but I've never been able to get you alone, and I'm honestly sorry for everything Harper," She rambled.

Harper didn't say anything, taking in the words of the young witch. She just hastily walked down to the common room, "Harper," Emily whispered grabbing her hand desperately and trying to make her stop

Harper swung back around, "We're not in the library anymore, you can use your big girl voice," she snapped.

"I'm trying to apologize," Emily said, annoyed.

Harper scoffed, "You took all my friends away. I was just becoming friends with Draco again and he left. He left because you told him to because you wrote the letters," She stammered out.

"I never sent them Harper, and I'm sorry I really am," Harper just stared at her for a few seconds, not having the energy to fight with her anymore and just wanting her friend back.

"Say it one more time and I'll believe you," Harper smiled toying with her now.

Emily rolled her eyes, "I'm terribly sorry for calling you a whore and believing the daily prophet," She said smiling as Harper smiled back.

"Thank you, Em," Harper said, bringing her into a hug, "I'm sorry for everything I said too," they pulled away. Harper smiled weakly at Emily.

"It's in the past," she held up her pinky finger, "To never let anyone come in between us again," she said.

Harper imitated her actions, connecting her pinky finger with Emily's. "Promise," she smiled.

Emily's shoulders visibly relaxed as she finally opened the common room doors. The pair were met with the whole friend group staring at them. "Emily," Harper turned to the girl, "Why are they all staring at us?" She asked, confused looking at the faces.