152.

Daryl's POV

I finally catch up to Dani down by the gate, by the time the remaining Saviours were either dead or they fled. She has blood on her but doesn't look hurt. I wouldn't know for sure until I see her in the light. She's standing with Maggie and Rick. I run my eyes over her one more time to reassure myself that she's okay. Her running off into the dark while The Saviours where here had scared the shit out of me.

When I step out of the dark, Rick raises his eyes to me, his hand on his hatchet. He realises it when he sees it's me and I glance at Dani seeing her shake her head at him making me confused. Rick nods at me and looks around at the wreckage.

"Everyone alright?" He asks us. The girls both nod but Maggie looks shocky and there are tears in her eyes. "Yeah." I rasp back.

"Good." Rick says slipping his hatchet back onto his belt. "Let's get some more people down here who aren't hurt and get these cars moved. We need to get these gates shut before the walkers get here."

He and Maggie turn back to the house to get more people as Dani and I get to work. We move just the trucks we needed to do we could shut the gates. The rest could wait until morning.

Everyone was exhausted but I spent the night on the wall. Dani wanted to stay with me but I shut her down and sent her into the house with Liam and Lil-ass kicker. I didn't give her chance to answer as I kind off threatened her, 'if ya don't walk that sexy ass of yours into that house, I will put you over my shoulder and walk ya there myself.' With that she went although I didn't miss the flare of heat in her eyes as I did.

She was exhausted but I still managed to make her flushed.

By morning, the community is completely surrounded by walkers. There are dozens leaning against the fence, banging loudly against the tin and attracting even more walkers from the woods. We would need to get rid of them before we are completely overrun.

Dani, Maggie and Rick step up behind me. None of them had slept either. "We gotta clear them so we can move the rest of the cars." Maggie says grimly, pulling out a knife. Jesus's eyes widen and he's about to step forward to argue about it.

I surprise everyone when I do instead. "Ya stay here." I tell her. I jerk my chin to the side of the fence. "Distract 'em." I heft my crossbow and Jesus, Rick, Jerry and I move to the gate.

I look behind to see Dani not moving as she glances towards the house. I follow her gaze and see Liam sitting on the porch steps with his head down. I walk over to her. "Talk to him." I say quietly. She breaks her gaze from him and looks at me. "I don't know what to say. I mean, he's just lost his best friend, his brother. What do you say to that?" She asks rhetorically.

"Just let him know that your here. That if he needs you, you'll be there." I tell her softly. Her lips quirk up into a small smile. "When did you become the wise one in this relationship?" She asks sarcastically making me chuckle. "Darlin' I'm always the wise one." I say a little bit smug and she scoffs.

"Be careful out there." She says lowly, jerking her chin towards the gate but I can the nervousness in her voice. "I will. It won't take long." I try to reassure her. She nods and I lean down, pecking her lips softly before I walk back to the gate.

"I'll help." Rosita says to me and I nod in gratitude. I glance back at Dani and see her walking towards Liam.

Guess she does take my advice after all.

******

Danielle's POV

"Hey munch." I call softly as I take a seat next to Liam on the porch steps. "Hey." He mumbles quietly.