"So what did the Alpha want to talk about with you?" Dami asked as Y/n got in the car as well.

"About the Alpha title." The Werewolf girl replied but it didn't seem that she wanted to go into detail with it.

"What did you say? Are you accepting?" Dami turned on the engine and started to drive.

Y/n sighed but didn't say anything. That was typical Y/n behavior. If the Werewolf girl wasn't ready to talk about it she would just don't say anything. Dami was used to it but thanks to their soulmate connection Y/n didn't have to say anything. The feeling was deep in Dami's heart and she knew exactly what it was that bothered Y/n.

"I understand and it is fine. You don't have to do it if you're not ready." Dami pointed out as she placed her hand on Y/n's thigh.

"You don't think I'm a coward?" Y/n mumbled.

"No, you put mental health first and I think that is brave of you. You know about your weakness and just need to figure out a way to handle so much responsibility before you accept. Admitting a weakness is hard but you did and I'm proud of you. I'm proud that you work on yourself." Dami squeezed her wife's leg a little to make sure Y/n understand that she did the right thing.

"If you say so." The Werewolf girl mumbled and she seemed to be sad.

"Baby, stop dragging yourself down. Promise me to not think about it anymore." Dami said.

She knew damn well Y/n would overthink the situation and the last thing they needed right now was a panic attack.

"I promise," Y/n replied half-heartedly as she stared out of the window.

"Oh no, you have to give me a pinky swear." The Vampire girl chuckled and lifted the hand that was resting on her wife's leg and held out her pinky.

A soft chuckle left Y/n's mouth and she intertwined her pinky with Dami's.

"I promise to not think about the Alpha thing too much," Y/n swore.

The Werewolf girl released Dami's finger but she immediately wrapped both of her hands around Dami's palm and rested them on her own leg.

"Good," Dami replied as she drove down the road.

Soon they reached the house of Dami's parents and the Vampire girl parked the car near the entrance. Both girls stepped out of the car and made their way to the front door. Y/n's warm hand slipped into Dami's and for a moment everything seemed to be alright. Just the fact that Dami carried her father's ash dragged her mood down.

"How is your mom?" Y/n suddenly asked as she opened the door for her wife.

"I don't know she doesn't talk with me about it," Dami admitted and stepped into the big mansion.

"Maybe we should stay here for a few days to make sure she is fine," Y/n suggested.

"It is sweet of you to worry about my mom but I think she would prefer to be alone." The Vampire girl pointed out and grabbed Y/n's hand again.

Y/n's pov:

You reached the backyard and stepped out. The wind softly dragged on your clothes as Dami guided you to the spot where she buried her father. You could feel the grief in your wife's heart as she started to dig a hole with a tiny shovel. Soon it was big enough and it was time to pour the ash in. Dami seemed to hesitate so you kneeled down next to her.

"Do you want me to do it?" You asked softly as some tears rolled down her cheeks.

Your wife wasn't able to speak so she just nodded. Without another word, you grabbed the pouch from her hands and poured the remains of your wife's father into the hole.